Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't understand why Carragher is allowed to be commentating on Liverpool games.

There will always be subconcious bias.

its the only player names he knows.

• Haha 1

I absolutely hate to be a negative glass half full prat, but today the Euphoria has been replaced by a nagging that I wasn't in the stadium to see it 😂

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I absolutely hate to be a negative glass half full prat, but today the Euphoria has been replaced by a nagging that I wasn't in the stadium to see it 😂

If you’d been in the stadium (along with everyone else) it almost certainly wouldn’t have been the same game 

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't understand why Carragher is allowed to be commentating on Liverpool games.

There's absolutely nothing subconscious about his bias toward Liverpool.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve rewatched the full match last two evenings, think I might watch it again tonight........anyone else or just me?!

i have watched the full match replay 4 times now...............

i think i could write an essay on the performance :P

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

There's absolutely nothing subconscious about his bias toward Liverpool.

Lol so true, Neville is good at hiding it a bit better when he does United. He did united on Sunday and Carragher did Liverpool why don’t they swap them? There was one point Carragher was just chuckling for about a minute which was unprofessional and a bit disrespectful  to us.

• Like 1

Ive been listening to all these Liverpool podcasts this week at work to kill time and its fair to say their fanbase are in shellshock 😆

A few here and there give us the credit we deserve, but the majority just dont know how to take it. They’re not used to losing full stop are they let alone getting bummed like that.

Happiest start to a season in a very long time, this will live with me forever 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Lol so true, Neville is good at hiding it a bit better when he does United. He did united on Sunday and Carragher did Liverpool why don’t they swap them? There was one point Carragher was just chuckling for about a minute which was unprofessional and a bit disrespectful  to us.

It almost seems that this is where we are going at the moment; the Talksport-esque controversy & personality approach, over genuine insight and professional reflection. You're right, that does sound hugely disrespectful and very unprofessional.

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't necessarily think Liverpool were that bad.

They did create chances, particularly in the first half.

We simply exploited Klopp's system.

Will be interesting seeing how other teams will play against Liverpool. They can try but not everyone have the brilliance in Jack, Barkley, Watkins and McGinn in order to actually pull it off.

I do wonder how much involvement Craig Shakespear had in this tactical plan. We looked like prime Leicester from 2015 out there.

Liverpool were dreadful. You're right they created chances and you're right about some similarities with Leicester's side from their brilliant season, but for all Liverpool were a threat going forward, they were shocking at the back. Really bad, half asleep.

The combination of Villa being right at it, confident and playing well, and Liverpool defending (defence and midfield in particular) appallingly led to such a thrashing. Villa didn't "just" exploit Liverpool's system, they let us exploit it, by switching off.

I still pinch myself at the result. It was brilliant. Everyone for Villa played well, only Mohammed Salah played well for Liverpool, really.

• Like 2

Our longest winning run in the Premier League last season was 2 games, and we only did that on one occasion. This season it's 3 games.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Liverpool were dreadful. You're right they created chances and you're right about some similarities with Leicester's side from their brilliant season, but for all Liverpool were a threat going forward, they were shocking at the back. Really bad, half asleep.

The combination of Villa being right at it, confident and playing well, and Liverpool defending (defence and midfield in particular) appallingly led to such a thrashing. Villa didn't "just" exploit Liverpool's system, they let us exploit it, by switching off.

I still pinch myself at the result. It was brilliant. Everyone for Villa played well, only Mohammed Salah played well for Liverpool, really.

I accept your view pete.......but did any opposition say we played bad when we got thrashed last season and put their win down to that.......No they wallowed in self gratification and just accepted the win as down to their prowess.

Its always an old chesnut " were they that bad, or us that good".....its always a bit of both in my view.....but we can't keep putting ourselves down as to say the opposition was crap.....we need to snap out of that.

They said the same in '76 when we won 5-1......and we went on to give other teams a pounding, win the league and Euro cup......we got pounded at Nottingham Forest shortly after, forest just took the win as down to their good play, who cared about Villa and our HDE decimated team.

How the opposition play is not our concern, we can only do what we do and play whats in front of us. I accept Dean being Magnanimous, that is different and professional, but to put our win down to a poor Liverpool performace is not on for me.

come on you beauties.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's typical that cheery Alan Smith didn't get to commentate on it. He actually does well at hiding that he's a Villa fan.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's typical that cheery Alan Smith didn't get to commentate on it. He actually does well at hiding that he's a Villa fan.

bloody right......you would never guess would you?

• Like 1

Â