Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

i would say you were using your imagination, not nitpicking.  He was fantastic!  I truly don't think he put a foot wrong.  Trez left him with too much to handle sometimes..... but he snuffed that our too.  They had ZERO effective attacks from our Right side.   

His battle with Jota was a lot of fun to watch.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

28 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Can one of our older VT’ers remind me about when we beat Pool by 5 in 1977 (I think) - they we’re European champions and Ron Saunders has just got us up. 

This feels like a similar moment.

Yeah I was there, just 12 at the time. It was 5-1 at half time.

They had Keegan, Clemence, Heighway, callaghan, Emlyn Hughes, McDermott, etc etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant. The movement, the athleticism, the bravery on and off the ball, the effort, the quality - we were fantastic. 

We could have had more and probably should have - it's a performance for the ages.

We.

Rise.

This. It's like, even if the score line is fekkin incredible, the amount of goals we scored isn't the most exciting about the match. It's how we clicked, how hard we worked for each other, how willing we were to make the runs to open up their defense, how determined we were to win every single duel, how REALLY WELL we played. Full of enthusiasm and hunger, no fear at all.
Wow. A couple of displays like this and a lot of people will either outright convert to Villa fandom, or have us as a second team. The football we played was not only efficient, but incredibly watchable, a feast for the eyes.

And best of all: there's no single reason at all to think that this is a one off. This is a team who has cracked the code. This is a team who has clicked. Sky is the limit, the most important thing now ahead, is to stay focused, and everything else will come. And who the **** cares about some expert concentrating more on the wrong team, they will all be forced to adjust to the new reality. UTV!!!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When Grealish and McGinn are on form, they are something special to watch. Watkins, Barkley, Trezeguet, all great performances, but for me that was about seeing Grealish showing again how he's one of the best players in the league, and McGinn fully on form, arse out, bossing everything. Very rare I feel completely elated at the quality of a performance; last time was when we beat Boro 3-0 at home in our promotion year, and we just dominated **** Liverpool the same way we dominated Boro that day.

Unreal.

The only time I've seen a Villa game live was that Boro match and I agree! I was elated. It felt like a complete performance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It was 5-1 at half time.

They had Keegan, Clemence, Heighway, callaghan, Emlyn Hughes, McDermott,

My dad used to speak about this game. Using those very words. Thanks for the reminder. Today feels like one of those days for me to tell my kids about (though sadly they don't give a shit about football).

Â