"I'd have slagged that off if it had been in a film"

His Name Is Death

Exhibit A:

bea86465-21bc-4875-a3cb-a33729d8ec9c.jpg

Exhibit B:

"I'd have called that heavy-handed if it had been in a film/book/TV show" is a thought I've caught myself having more and more in the last four years.

I used to think zombie and disaster movies were too broad and cynical in the way they portrayed people behaving in pandemics but turns out they were pretty close to the mark.

Do you guys find you're having more of these moments?

Edited by His Name Is Death

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Apparently they've found a bunch of new pharaohs in Egypt. 

Based on this year so far I'd start preparing for the worst.  

Just what we need

The ways things are going i'm expecting Godzilla to make an appearance by bonfire night. 

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2020 at 15:50, sharkyvilla said:

That explosion in Lebanon was one of those '**** me, that can't be real life' moments.  

Why they let Tonev join the local Power League I'll never know.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On reflection, I'm coming round to the idea that we are actually in a simulation. Somebody is really pushing the parameters now. 

The Matrix 

I'm sure you'll need to Mooney that ;)

On 16/10/2020 at 13:36, Mark Albrighton said:

That the (at the time) current villa manager was on telly singing on a chat show hosted by an arsenal player.

More of the footage here, he seemingly followed on after a performance from All Saints -

Wow, thanks for finding that, I had no idea. I actually really liked it. And a band named after a Villa right back, too! 

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wow, thanks for finding that, I had no idea. I actually really liked it. And a band named after a Villa right back, too! 

Just stumbled across that tweet yesterday. Have tried to find the complete performance but no luck yet.

I actually assumed this was a John Gregory original. However, digging deeper, it appears to be a cover of Del Amitri’s “Tell her this” (just missing out on the top 30 in 1995, it seems). John doesn’t appear to stray too far from the original, but it’s worth a listen, a lost Brit pop era gem. 

Despite this, still a slightly odd thing to happen, trying to picture a football manager today picking up a guitar and having a go. The smart money would be on Brendan Rodgers.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Â