Weekends Football 2/4 October

andykeenan

Leeds are going to win this aren't they? Another premier league side they've comfortably nulified.

I did wonder if their defence would hold up at top level but looking good so far.

Cue loads of posts on here this is Man. City's worst performance in about 10 years like Liverpool on the opening day.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They’ve made their own luck. Been the better team since they went behind. 

they have been better since going behind, but that was squarely down to Ederson messing up.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds are going to win this aren't they? Another premier league side they've comfortably nulified.

I did wonder if their defence would hold up at top level but looking good so far.

Cue loads of posts on here this is Man. City's worst performance in about 10 years like Liverpool on the opening day.

They nearly allowed Fulham to come back from 4-1 down and their keeper kept them in the game against sheff u. 

They've done well today but I still think people are going over board with them.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds are forcing teams to make mistakes. Simple as that.

We need to avoid playing out from the back when we play them. At all costs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed. they are looking very deadly in their final third.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

They nearly allowed Fulham to come back from 4-1 down and their keeper kept them in the game against sheff u. 

They've done well today but I still think people are going over board with them.

Keeper made one fantastic first half v Lundestram but I thought they were comfortably the better team in second half at Bramall Lane. We would all be happy going there and playing like that and winning 1-0.

Yeah they were sloppy v Fulham but still showed enough about themselves to hold on for last 25 minutes. That game gave an indication of what they can do v weaker defences although Fuham is probably a special case this season of ineptitude.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I do think Aguero out is a massive blow for Man. City. He's always the difference in these type of games and indeed scored in the cup final out of little when we were doing o.k. Can remember us beating them once under Lambert when he was injured so certainly more likely to get a result v them with him injured.

No reason why we can't have a good go at Liverpool tomorrow. We gave them two good games last year and certainly should've got at least a point out of one of those. Mane out is also big.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Keeper made one fantastic first half v Lundestram but I thought they were comfortably the better team in second half at Bramall Lane. We would all be happy going there and playing like that and winning 1-0.

Yeah they were sloppy v Fulham but still showed enough about themselves to hold on for last 25 minutes. That game gave an indication of what they can do v weaker defences although Fuham is probably a special case this season of ineptitude.

Keeper made 2 great saves. I agree, I'd be happy with that result. 

I just think there are lots of ups and downs with them. When it starts to even out I think they'll be a pretty average team. 

They play without fear and try and win every game, you have to credit them for that. City have been woeful since scoring but they have also pressured them and not allowed them to coast through the game.

Its a shame their fans by and large and such **** whoppers or they’d be a good team for the neutral!

• Like 3

Just now, penguin said:

They play without fear and try and win every game, you have to credit them for that. City have been woeful since scoring but they have also pressured them and not allowed them to coast through the game.

Its a shame their fans by and large and such **** whoppers or they’d be a good team for the neutral!

Yeah, I hate them but they really do. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Keeper made 2 great saves. I agree, I'd be happy with that result. 

I just think there are lots of ups and downs with them. When it starts to even out I think they'll be a pretty average team. 

I agree. I don't think they'll finish 7th like Wolves as Wolves had a much stronger 11 when they came up. Their start was similar to Leeds though as Wolves drew 1-1 with Man. City at home in their 3rd game in 18/19 and that gave notice they'd give most a game as Leeds will do.

Hopefully we've got enough about ourselves to at least keep up with Leeds, the signs from our first two games are promising at least.

Â