Weekends Football 2/4 October

andykeenan

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He had a proper breakdown. Because his team lost. Bit crazy.

He did film himself eating/licking raw chicken a year or two ago so he's definitely at least eccentric. Sky would have known what they were getting...

8 hours ago, cyrusr said:

What actually happened saw them mentioning that they weee glad Evra stayed. 

Also, why did sky apologise to Lamela regarding stereotyping? What did they do?

Souness said that Lamela's behaviour was "a very Latin" thing to do. He's an embarrassment.

Evra at his temperamental best. Directly after the United game he basically sat there sulking while the other 2 attempted to talk about the Spurs win. When it came to him, the anchor was quite sympathetic i.e. Patrice you must be hurting right now and I can see that you are, but let's talk about United for a minute. Evra then went on a barely coherent rant about "his team" that legitimately began with "I will terminate my Sky contract. I cannot talk about this game..."

Essentially a symptom of the fact that Sky hire their pundits to be Alumni for their former clubs, rather than hiring them on merit as good analysts of the game. Even a Sidwell or a bloody Shearer could have done a better job, it was really poor.

Even when he perked up after Villa/Pool and (in his own words) "can finally talk about football again", his expert analysis was that we did well exploiting the high line and Jack Grealish is a very good player. That was it. Totally facile stuff.

8 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Souness basically called him a cheating foreigner, it was a joke the way he went down but he probably could have worded it better.

Probably? 

Edited by est1874
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Evra has gotten some harsh criticism tonight, watched the video and I think he was just fed up but was not as OTT as some people were going on about

And that's fine, we've all been there, but the real problem is that this is what Sky have reduced punditry to.

- What did you think of the game Patrice?
- Can't talk about it, I love United.
- Haha that's understandable. Moving on...

Â