Pre-Match thread

BOF

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Rumours of Mané positive for you know what. 

Ooh, I wish him well and hope he’s okay but from a purely football perspective, that’s good news for Villa. He loves scoring goals for fun against us. If we can just have Salah, Jota, Firminho and VDV in isolation now, that would be grand. 

• Like 4

That's a treat for the game. Hope he gets better soon.

Salah has been on one like nobodies business but Mane is the one I'm more scared of.

I already feel sorry for Targett with the long balls over his head he's going to have to deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

what are the chances of Hourihane keeping Barkley out of the team for Liverpool do we reckon?

Zilch. I hope. Nothing against Conor at all but Barkley is different class. 

• Like 1

4 players that Liverpool are reliant on. Mane he is the main man make no mistake. Allison has changed them when they had dodgy keepers you could beat them and always be in the game. Van Dijk has obviously solidified them. The beating heart though is Fabinho he makes it all happen. He is the one who dictates play the one who is kneading the dough so to speak. 

Salah is a fantastic player Firminho too but the 4 I have mentioned are their most important.

I think we need to keep someone on Fabinho. That will help us enormously. If only there was someone with the physical attributes in the squad who can 'mark' him. Ohhhhh we do have someone like that. Step forward Ross Barkley.

52 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

4 players that Liverpool are reliant on. Mane he is the main man make no mistake. Allison has changed them when they had dodgy keepers you could beat them and always be in the game. Van Dijk has obviously solidified them. The beating heart though is Fabinho he makes it all happen. He is the one who dictates play the one who is kneading the dough so to speak. 

Salah is a fantastic player Firminho too but the 4 I have mentioned are their most important.

I think we need to keep someone on Fabinho. That will help us enormously. If only there was someone with the physical attributes in the squad who can 'mark' him. Ohhhhh we do have someone like that. Step forward Ross Barkley.

They are equally reliant on TAA and Roberton for service and I think salah and Fiminho are key players too. Mane will be a big loss but I dont think it changes the dynamics of the game that much. 

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Ooh, I wish him well and hope he’s okay but from a purely football perspective, that’s good news for Villa. He loves scoring goals for fun against us. If we can just have Salah, Jota, Firminho and VDV in isolation now, that would be grand. 

They’ve not signed Van de Vaart have they?! 4 goals in 4 league games against us :rant:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

They are equally reliant on TAA and Roberton for service and I think salah and Fiminho are key players too. Mane will be a big loss but I dont think it changes the dynamics of the game that much. 

The guys you mention are the ones that make them win. The ones I've pointed out stop them from losing. Interesting analysis on Mane and how many times he's won the ball back for them was more than some teams which is incredible in itself. 

I do agree they're a fantastic side. Effing bin dipping, shell suit wearing hub cap stealing rocket polishers.

• Haha 1