The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Cannot believe I’ve missed these, Absolute quality and very well done. You have a new listener, keep up the good work 

thanks mate. Welcome any feedback - good or bad.

On 11/10/2020 at 06:07, omariqy said:

Thanks all again. It means a lot. Want to keep getting better and better. Its a pretty crowded place, the Villa podcast  market!

It is. Think I currently listen to 4 (1874, Claret & Blue, Villa View & yours of course). Think I will have to scrap one of the original 3 as yours has jumped to #1 on the list of preferences. Keep up the good work!

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

It is. Think I currently listen to 4 (1874, Claret & Blue, Villa View & yours of course). Think I will have to scrap one of the original 3 as yours has jumped to #1 on the list of preferences. Keep up the good work!

I used to listen to around 10+ Villa podcasts, but this weekend decided to whittle it down to my best 3.  Villa Talks made the cut!

Without naming names - I feel quite a few of the Villa related podcasts out there are just a lot of pub chatter between mates. While still enjoyable,  they are a bit of a time killer.

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

I used to listen to around 10+ Villa podcasts, but this weekend decided to whittle it down to my best 3.  Villa Talks made the cut!

Without naming names - I feel quite a few of the Villa related podcasts out there are just a lot of pub chatter between mates. While still enjoyable,  they are a bit of a time killer.

Thanks. Yeah I get what you mean. I'm hoping we can get a mix of good insight, analysis and some light humour. Especially with the Late Night Ramble. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, omariqy said:

New episode out with @Villan4Life. Really interesting to hear what Chris has gone through in life and how he's forged a career in scouting! We also had his friend and DC United scout Josh Hill join us. 

Thanks for having myself & Josh on the show  @omariqy we absolutely loved it mate.

Hope everyone enjoyed the show. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Thanks @Rich192 mate. UTV  ❤️

I’m a newbie to this forum, so I’m sure you’ve answered these kind of questions before, so apologies for that!

How did you get in to scouting? How many matches do you watch a week? How many times do you have to watch a player before you feel you’ve got a comprehensive understanding of them? Prior to working specifically for clubs, how would you go about selling a player to a club?

Sorry for bombarding you with them, but always found scouting fascinating, and wanted to know more about it, and if it wasn’t for Omar’s podcast, I wouldn’t have known we had a scout on the forum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I’m a newbie to this forum, so I’m sure you’ve answered these kind of questions before, so apologies for that!

How did you get in to scouting? How many matches do you watch a week? How many times do you have to watch a player before you feel you’ve got a comprehensive understanding of them? Prior to working specifically for clubs, how would you go about selling a player to a club?

Sorry for bombarding you with them, but always found scouting fascinating, and wanted to know more about it, and if it wasn’t for Omar’s podcast, I wouldn’t have known we had a scout on the forum!

Hi Rich, after many years pondering shall i get into scouting, i worked at Villa as a voluntary coach back in 1996  before match days i used to help coach kids down at Stumps next to Villa Park, i decided in early 2017 that i would try and pursue it as a secondary career and saved up to do the qualifiications with the P.F.S.A (Professional Football Scouting Assoication), normally i can't spot good player quickly one or two matches.

Before i was scout best i did  apart from post on here suggestion's was i worked out Paul Lambert's then Villa email address and emailed him a player suggestion but he never replied. :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hi Rich, after many years pondering shall i get into scouting, i worked at Villa as a voluntary coach back in 1996  before match days i used to help coach kids down at Stumps next to Villa Park, i decided in early 2017 that i would try and pursue it as a secondary career and saved up to do the qualifiications with the P.F.S.A (Professional Football Scouting Assoication), normally i can't spot good player quickly one or two matches.

Before i was scout best i did  apart from post on here suggestion's was i worked out Paul Lambert's then Villa email address and emailed him a player suggestion but he never replied. :)

Awesome. Living the dream! I shall keep an eye out for Tranmere now to see how they’re getting on. 

• Like 1

Â