The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

3 hours ago, VBM said:

This has been really good so far, been very impressed. Nice to hear a load of the old VBB crew in the comments as well. 

Might get them back together for a show Chris if you fancy it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, omariqy said:

Yeah good point. I did it for the first one but it was an instrumental for a hip hop song and I was worried about copyright so haven't go round to getting something new in. 

Any ideas? Maybe some crowd chants?

Assuming that you have the rights to use the one you currently put at the start of the show, you could use that to close the show? SImply fade it in as you're getting your last words in, and then fade it out again? Crowd chants could work too if you have access to it.

• Thanks 1

New Episode Out! 39:26 for the new part of the show called Didier Six! The Aston Villa version of Room 101! BTW we are 10th in the UK football podcast charts and the number 1 Villa podcast!

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

New Episode Out! 39:26 for the new part of the show called Didier Six! The Aston Villa version of Room 101! BTW we are 10th in the UK football podcast charts and the number 1 Villa podcast!

Listened to this at the Gym. Really enjoying your episodes. Quickly becoming one of my favorite Villa podcasts.

The new Didier Six piece at the end was actually pretty good. Room 101 is a good format for bringing random topics up that people will remember and have an opinion on. Ash had clearly scripted and possibly practiced his six suggestions, they were very well pitched. 

Keep em coming, you’re doing a great job. 

Still genuinely can't believe we are (or were) 10th in the UK Football podcast charts!

We are doing an episode next week on our top 5 black AVFC players as it is Black History Month. Who would be in your top 5? You have to have seen them play!

35 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Still genuinely can't believe we are (or were) 10th in the UK Football podcast charts!

We are doing an episode next week on our top 5 black AVFC players as it is Black History Month. Who would be in your top 5? You have to have seen them play!

Yorke, Taylor, McGrath, Ehiogu, Benteke.

I was a bit too young to appreciate McGrath at his peak, so it'd be unfair to have him as my #1 just because its him. I idolised Yorke, the judas bastard.

Notable mentions to Earl Barrett, Bouma and Daley (just about old enough for him...)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Yorke, Taylor, McGrath, Ehiogu, Benteke.

I was a bit too young to appreciate McGrath at his peak, so it'd be unfair to have him as my #1 just because its him. I idolised Yorke, the judas bastard.

Notable mentions to Earl Barrett, Bouma and Daley (just about old enough for him...)

For me I'd go McGrath, Yorke, Atkinson, Young, Ugo

On 01/10/2020 at 04:02, omariqy said:

Yeah good point. I did it for the first one but it was an instrumental for a hip hop song and I was worried about copyright so haven't go round to getting something new in. 

Any ideas? Maybe some crowd chants?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, omariqy said:

Thanks guys. I think 6 may be a bit too much but I like the  name now. Maybe 3 room 101s and 3 quiz questions instead?

I think six is fine, but you've got to be a bit more mean spirited when it comes to letting things in.  Kappa can go in every week though. 🙃

12 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I think six is fine, but you've got to be a bit more mean spirited when it comes to letting things in.  Kappa can go in every week though. 🙃

Haha I just really hated all those things 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I was on VBB for a hot second! Congrats Omar - going to check some of the podcasts today :thumb:

Oh yeah what was your username?

Edit: of course it would be the same wouldn't it. I remember now! Came in and wowed everyone with your prose

Edited by omariqy
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, omariqy said:

Yorke

Dublin

Young

McGrath

Daley 

• Like 1

Â