The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

Omar, your wingmen on the VT pod have far superior football knowledge compared to the Villa View pod. Tell their M & A department to get bent, what you lads do is levels above this. 

“I think we’ll go for Cantwell next summer”…Lol … **** *** *** *****.  

• Like 2

I got the version with the production glitch, but it didn't matter.  Really enjoyed the format and look forward to spending the season with you guys again. 

15 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I got the version with the production glitch, but it didn't matter.  Really enjoyed the format and look forward to spending the season with you guys again. 

Thanks mate. 

We’ve also got a new format for the post-match stuff. It will be quite soon after the match with 2 to 3 mins reaction given by 4 to 5 different fans who go to every game. It’s just to get that emotion out there in a pod straight away. We will do more of a deep dive on the weekly hour long pod.

9 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Hi Omar.

Does the new format mean the demise of Chadsy and Juggsy.

I really enjoyed their observations. 

They will be back from time to time mate. Both busy with work at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/09/2021 at 13:54, RaptureJames said:

Enjoy the pod on Spotify whilst working - apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread but do any of the regulars aside from yourself post on here/under what usernames? - thanks :)

Don’t think any of them post regularly on here mate - sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you mate. I was a bit worried that it would die a slow death as I just haven't had the time like last year. However, we are now getting our highest number of listeners consistently since we started and I am having to do very little in the way of social media promotion etc. It seems have a good core of people that listen to it each week which is great. I can only really do one show a week now hence the change in format with the regular guests now rather than the late night ramble which had a different guest each week. 

For those that don't listen we do one weekly episode with a guy called AJ who is the stats guy (data/research is what he does for a living), Carl who most people tune in for (due to his tendency to hate everything) and Sam (who is the sage of the group). The format for each episode is as follows:

1. From the Stands of Villa Park - Villa news stories of the week

2. Hero and Villain of the week - we tie it in with the match review of the previous game

3. Vital Statistics - AJ breaks down all the key stats before our next game and we preview the game in full

4. Villa Vault - Sam tests us all on our knowledge with a look back at a previous meeting between us and our next opponents

I think it breaks up the episode well so that is isn't just a few guys talking for a straight hour. I've seen it sort of done on MOMs and thought it worked well so have tried to replicate having segments within an episode. Be good to get some feedback whether you think it works or if it can be improved.

• Like 2

Â