The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/06/2021 at 10:11, nepal_villan said:

Just donated to a few of my favorite podcasters (MOMS, Price of Football, Football Today, Dan Carlin) on Patreon. Any plans to go down that route? Maybe can help fund some quality microphones for the boys.

That’s just how Brummies sound, I’m afraid.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

That’s just how Brummies sound, I’m afraid.

Hah yeah unfortunately we have a natural roughness to our voice. Jugsy and Chadsy have mics albeit they aren't the best. 

I've always stayed away from sponsored pods or patreon as we do this out of love for the Villa. We've had offers etc but I just cant be having to plug a male grooming product or beer (when i don't drink).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Hah yeah unfortunately we have a natural roughness to our voice. Jugsy and Chadsy have mics albeit they aren't the best. 

I've always stayed away from sponsored pods or patreon as we do this out of love for the Villa. We've had offers etc but I just cant be having to plug a male grooming product or beer (when i don't drink).

If it wasn’t obvious, I was joking. Fair play for not flogging ball bag trimmers though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2021 at 17:08, It's Your Round said:

Any plans to record any more over the summer, Omar? I kinda miss you lads chatting about the Villa. 

Definitely once the transfers start hotting up!

• Thanks 2

On 29/06/2021 at 01:47, YLN said:

Which VillaTalkers have appeared on the Podcast so far? I think a clash of the most divisive posters would make for good watching.

Pissflaps is ready for his podcast debut

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Will you be reviewing the Buendia signing?

We’ve done it on the last episode but will go more in depth on transfers as things start moving 

@VillaAnalytics on Twitter have utilised the new Spaces feature and basically done a live podcast with easy call-in features tonight.

For a first crack it was pretty good and as it was randomers taking over the actual content wasn't too bad either considering how wrong it could have gone.

Worth a listen if you like podcasts and you're online. They've been going for hours.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

@VillaAnalytics on Twitter have utilised the new Spaces feature and basically done a live podcast with easy call-in features tonight.

For a first crack it was pretty good and as it was randomers taking over the actual content wasn't too bad either considering how wrong it could have gone.

Worth a listen if you like podcasts and you're online. They've been going for hours.

Is it only live? You can’t listen again/back somehow?

I’ve noticed Under a Gaslit Lamp doing the same but I’m always too late.

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is it only live? You can’t listen again/back somehow?

I’ve noticed Under a Gaslit Lamp doing the same but I’m always too late.

Not sure, I think it's just live but I've never listened to a Twitter Space before

Some of the Grealish talk on that last episode was cringe.   I get it's a Villa podcast, I've really enjoyed every episode to date but the hand wringing from one of the people (with the odd disclaimer, I know England are bossing it so I can't complain but I'm going to complain anyway) was the sort of stuff that I'm sure other fans would just laugh at.   I actually feel rude for leaving a negative comment on something which has been a real positive force in my life since it launched but I'm still thinking about it 24 hours after listening. 

On 09/07/2021 at 00:07, The_Rev said:

Some of the Grealish talk on that last episode was cringe.   I get it's a Villa podcast, I've really enjoyed every episode to date but the hand wringing from one of the people (with the odd disclaimer, I know England are bossing it so I can't complain but I'm going to complain anyway) was the sort of stuff that I'm sure other fans would just laugh at.   I actually feel rude for leaving a negative comment on something which has been a real positive force in my life since it launched but I'm still thinking about it 24 hours after listening. 

That’s fine mate. All about opinions 👍🏾

• Thanks 1

Â