The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

10 hours ago, Awol said:

Chadsy defo the guy I agree with most often, but good content all round. Like the use of stats too, handy way to benchmark my own opinions with reality. 

Hope you’re working up to some transfer specials, stats as to why X player would fit, what they’d bring etc. would add good analytical depth - consider this a request! 

Thanks mate. Noted. If any VillaTalk people fancy a guest slot on the pod over the summer for the transfer season then let me know. 

Latest episode 

• Like 1

Still listening to these each week @omariqy, and it’s still the best Villa podcast out there. I’ve been really impressed with the quality of conversation and analysis, and with how you’ve managed to keep it going all this time. I wasn’t too sure what to expect when you first mentioned you were thinking of starting one, but you’ve managed to nail it successfully.

Do you get any metrics for listener numbers? Be interesting to see how it compares with other pods. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 09:30, It's Your Round said:

Still listening to these each week @omariqy, and it’s still the best Villa podcast out there. I’ve been really impressed with the quality of conversation and analysis, and with how you’ve managed to keep it going all this time. I wasn’t too sure what to expect when you first mentioned you were thinking of starting one, but you’ve managed to nail it successfully.

Do you get any metrics for listener numbers? Be interesting to see how it compares with other pods. 

Not sure how it compares but we've been top 10 in the UK apple football podcast charts about 15-17 times and top 5 a few times. We tend to get 1000-1200 downloads per episode but not sure about streams. Its dropped a tiny bit recently as we've been so terrible 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 18:36, omariqy said:

Not sure how it compares but we've been top 10 in the UK apple football podcast charts about 15-17 times and top 5 a few times. We tend to get 1000-1200 downloads per episode but not sure about streams. Its dropped a tiny bit recently as we've been so terrible 

Omar just a question.

Is that you on the VillaView Post match reaction??

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yes mate been on a few times 👍

That's ace, I've been watching you then for a while as I always tune into the show and I always enjoy listening to you and your views. I think you bring a good level of knowledge to the show all it needs is Tom back now.

• Thanks 1

So I'm listening to the podcast for the first time in a while, I'm listening to the Everton podcast.

wtf happens with the two guys? 😂 (chadzy, chugsy? apologies if I butchered their names) 

Sounds like they had a big fight or something. 

48 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So I'm listening to the podcast for the first time in a while, I'm listening to the Everton podcast.

wtf happens with the two guys? 😂 (chadzy, chugsy? apologies if I butchered their names) 

Sounds like they had a big fight or something. 

Ha nothing - all tongue in cheek. They've just been in opposition in their views. Chads is ultra positive and Jugs is much realistic/cynical!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just popped on to say i've listened every week this season, by far my favourite villa podcast of the bunch. Thanks for many hours of listening lads, all excellent insight (and like the fact you often disagree).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Awol said:

@omariqy what’s up, you on strike? 

Sorry guys - been in hospital with the mrs as we are expecting our third child and it looked like she was coming 5 weeks earlier than expected. False alarm though and we will be back post Palace game!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sorry guys - been in hospital with the mrs as we are expecting our third child and it looked like she was coming 5 weeks earlier than expected. False alarm though and we will be back post Palace game!

Glad all is well, figured something was up. Few more weeks until no-sleep zombie time, enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

On 15/05/2021 at 22:52, omariqy said:

Well firstly congrats Omar on the baby and hope he or she arrives safely and soundly. Any names for he or she?

Seen you in the VillaView again, good show between you and Dan. Would love to see you have a chat with Dan and Tom, shame Tom is no longer there.

Keep on with the good work mate.

Yep. . Really missed the pod during absence... hope your family is ok. 

Am a keen podcast listener having started with Villa View. 

Have to admit your is far and away  my favourite pod. 

Have to ask was blue between Chad's and Jugsy real or just amped up for the pod... presume it was. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

Yep. . Really missed the pod during absence... hope your family is ok. 

Am a keen podcast listener having started with Villa View. 

Have to admit your is far and away  my favourite pod. 

Have to ask was blue between Chad's and Jugsy real or just amped up for the pod... presume it was. 

Amped up haha. They love each other really.

Â