The Villa Talks Podcast

omariqy

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I don't post in this thread as much as I should, I listen to every episode and really enjoy the show.  The Dwight Yorke episode was fantastic. It's totally my age, Dwight was in his pomp during my teenage years when I was obsessed by football and walks into the starting XI of the best Villa player's I've ever seen (lets say late 80s onwards) so it was a delight to hear from him. I'd loved to have heard a bit more about specific favourite goals, if only so you'd talk about the one against Forest in 91/92 where a teenage Dwight Yorke put their left back on his arse with a shimmy that Leo Messi would have been proud of: 

Ah mate that's made my day - I didn't realise you were such a big fan of the show. 

I was actually going to ask him about his favourite goal after talking about his favourite memory but he was rushing off somewhere so we had to push on with the last bit of the interview. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2020 at 15:44, nepal_villan said:

Just listened to the Crystal Palace review. Enjoying the  sober analysis from Jugsy and Chadsy and helps differentiate the podcast from a few others where the guests tend to be more emotional in their analysis.

Spot on. This is also what I love. It’s not reactionary, really fair, they make solid points that make me think.

• Thanks 1

On 22/12/2020 at 17:40, Tomaszk said:

Don't know why I bother listening to Gregg Evans, but if I'm bored and we've won I'll dip in, see what the mood is.

Highlights from latest ep:

• Baggies made Villa look good

• Mings is banned for Crystal Palace match

• Luiz happy to sit back and let everyone else play. This after a game when the shackles were off and he was further forward than any game this season. Plus he spent most of last season saying he wasn't good enough and Hourihane was better.

So so bad.

He is a joke, should have his journalist credentials revoked and Is why i will never subscribe to the Athletic. 

He was on a Tifo podcast recently about Villa and I have never before heard somebody so out of there depth. Was embarrassing 

Rod Humble is a Villa fan? Excuse my “when worlds unexpectedly collide” face but I’d always just figured he was American.   I’m only 20 minutes or so in so this may have been covered by the end, but there’s another video game guy in San Francisco called Colin Campbellwho is a big Villa fan, he’s no stranger to podcasts so perhaps you can tap him up some time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Rod Humble is a Villa fan? Excuse my “when worlds unexpectedly collide” face but I’d always just figured he was American.   I’m only 20 minutes or so in so this may have been covered by the end, but there’s another video game guy in San Francisco called Colin Campbellwho is a big Villa fan, he’s no stranger to podcasts so perhaps you can tap him up some time.  

Yes he’s a big fan. Apologies for the bad audio btw my mic messed up so it recorded from my laptop mic. Thanks will try and tap him up!

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more with the post above. I hadn't tuned in until recently as I generally have low expectations for brand new podcasts, but the quality of Villa Talks has a been a pleasant surprise. You guys speak so clearly and insightfully, while avoiding tossing around the cliché football remarks that you hear constantly on the other pods. Keep up the great work lads. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an early (5am!) start today and put the podcast on in the car and it turns out I was so furious at the result I had to turn it off again just as I was driving past Villa Park. 😅

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just finished this last episode, another quality discussion as they all are. I have to say that I agree with Siri when he interrupted in the first minute, I don’t understand how we lost either! 😂

Haha I kept that in because I thought it was quite apt

Podcast 36 is the first Villa Talks podcast where I have been disappointed with the analysis. 

Simply put if you score 2 goals away from home you should be winning!

Not taking your chances should never be the main talking point in this situation. The main talking point should be the conceding of sloppy goals.

First goal 2 errors. The first was Mings trying to shepherd the ball out with Wood on his back. Should have cleared for a throw in. The second was not one of our centre backs anywhere near their centre backs or the ball on a corner! 

Second goal fluke and sloppy, too easy for McNeil to get that shoot / cross out (same for third goal), and on the third goal why was wood allowed a free header?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Podcast 36 is the first Villa Talks podcast where I have been disappointed with the analysis. 

Simply put if you score 2 goals away from home you should be winning!

Not taking your chances should never be the main talking point in this situation. The main talking point should be the conceding of sloppy goals.

First goal 2 errors. The first was Mings trying to shepherd the ball out with Wood on his back. Should have cleared for a throw in. The second was not one of our centre backs anywhere near their centre backs or the ball on a corner! 

Second goal fluke and sloppy, too easy for McNeil to get that shoot / cross out (same for third goal), and on the third goal why was wood allowed a free header?

Yeah having watched the game back I think I agree with you. 

• Like 1

Â