New layout - feedback

AVFC_Hitz

Question

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Have we had another new layout? VT looks different for me. 

Like it says at the top of this forum, please start a new thread for a new issue.

Yes, there has been an update. I've not noticed any changes.

I feel like there's way too much wasted space, and there's really no need for each post to be in its own card with a gap between it. And I don't need that massive section at the top of each thread telling me the name of the thread I just clicked on and who posted it. I feel like I could see way more content on one screen on the old one. That seems to be the way web design is trending over the past few years though. How can we put less stuff on the screen? 

Nb: I'm aware @limpid doesn't personally design the forum software, and I appreciate everything you do :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I feel like there's way too much wasted space, and there's really no need for each post to be in its own care with a gap between it. And I don't need that massive section at the top of each thread telling me the name of the thread I just clicked on and who posted it. I feel like I could see way more content on one screen on the old one. That seems to be the way web design is trending over the past few years though. How can we put less stuff on the screen? 

Nb: I'm aware @limpid doesn't personally design the forum software, and I appreciate everything you do :D 

Too

much

wasted

space

?

Do

you

really

think

so

Davkaus

?

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I feel like there's way too much wasted space, and there's really no need for each post to be in its own care with a gap between it. And I don't need that massive section at the top of each thread telling me the name of the thread I just clicked on and who posted it. I feel like I could see way more content on one screen on the old one. That seems to be the way web design is trending over the past few years though. How can we put less stuff on the screen? 

I’m glad someone else wrote it and it wasn’t just me.

Wouldn’t change a word.

All this ‘top poster’ and ‘likes’ and ‘most popular / most frequent / biggest / best’ stuff all strikes me, from my pompous middle aged perch, as what’s gone so Americanised and so wrong with everything that’s social media. Didn’t get many likes? Well perhaps you’re a bit shitter than the other contributors. Said it a long time ago, I’d happily have my ‘likes’ zeroed at the end of every day or be bounced out of that option to even have them. I don’t need likes to know I’m right, funny, and well hung.

And yes, again, appreciate everything Mr Limpid does.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I like it all apart from the bar on the right hand side which runs out of information halfway down the screen and then is just blank. Makes it look as though my browser isn't set up properly.

But now you can tell how many posts there were on here on some eventful days in 2011. And you can see some random images with no context :D 

We'll get used to it, I guess! I'd be happier if I could just read posts across the full width of my screen though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m glad someone else wrote it and it wasn’t just me.

Wouldn’t change a word.

All this ‘top poster’ and ‘likes’ and ‘most popular / most frequent / biggest / best’ stuff all strikes me, from my pompous middle aged perch, as what’s gone so Americanised and so wrong with everything that’s social media. Didn’t get many likes? Well perhaps you’re a bit shitter than the other contributors. Said it a long time ago, I’d happily have my ‘likes’ zeroed at the end of every day or be bounced out of that option to even have them. I don’t need likes to know I’m right, funny, and well hung.

And yes, again, appreciate everything Mr Limpid does.

I would agree, until I felt that unmistakable dopamine hit of "@chrisp65 has liked your post" :P 

• Like 1