Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Such a beautiful start to the day... 

Morning has broken like the first morning
Percy has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the scoring 
Praise for them winning fresh from the Word 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like he's a player who has already peaked and is on the way down. Obviously he's a good player when on form and he can easily get 10-12 goals if he shows that form.

However, if he has the desire he can be a hit. If he signs that will tell me he still has the hunger to play which for me is a positive. 

Cautiously optimistic about this. Option to buy is a good deal. Might work might not he definitely has ability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it doesn't happen, I have never likedBarkley! Would much rather RLC

Barkley is a flat track bully and will be no good for our cause...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This rumour has more chance than Rashica. Percy has mentioned, we have the obvious Chelsea links. We have done loans with Chelsea last 2 seasons- although I wish we hadn't have gone the Drinkwater route. 

 

Think this is a goer and prefer Barkley all day over RLC, purely down to injury risk

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hope it doesn't happen, I have never likedBarkley! Would much rather RLC

Barkley is a flat track bully and will be no good for our cause...

We need a bully in midfield though? If we couldn’t get RLC would you accept Barkley?  I’m keen on Barkley if I’m honest

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

This rumour has more chance than Rashica. Percy has mentioned, we have the obvious Chelsea links. We have done loans with Chelsea last 2 seasons- although I wish we hadn't have gone the Drinkwater route. 

 

Think this is a goer and prefer Barkley all day over RLC, purely down to injury risk

I believe RLC is the better player more talented. But like you say his injury record is too risky. A shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Ok time for a new thread. There’s been a credible link to us taking Barkley from Chelsea’s crowd of midfielders. 

I think he’d be a fantastic signing for where we currently are, particularly if there is an option to buy. 
 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/23/aston-villa-consider-loan-move-chelseas-ross-barkley/amp/

Wow, so now we weigh bids?

That seems overly complicated.  Wouldn't it be better to just settle on a specific monetary amount? 

Maybe he's a little overweight right now so they are looking for his bodyweight in cash? 

537511-Business038.gif

 

Edited by sidcow
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a fan of Barkley and would love him at Villa. 
I came in here expecting to see people against the idea so I’m pleased he’s generally considered to be a good potential signing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was too good for Everton and never really got too many chances at Chelsea , can't have helped with the revolving door of managers .

Would be great for us and hopefully get the best out of mcginn playing next to someone of quality

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

People are starting to have too much fun in here. Sorry but could the mods please close the thread

Just one press report and people are starting threads.  What's the world coming to? In my opinion there shouldn't be a thread till they are ITSOTP. 

Otherwise there is a danger of frivolity breaking out. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I feel like he's a player who has already peaked and is on the way down. Obviously he's a good player when on form and he can easily get 10-12 goals if he shows that form.

However, if he has the desire he can be a hit. If he signs that will tell me he still has the hunger to play which for me is a positive. 

Cautiously optimistic about this. Option to buy is a good deal. Might work might not he definitely has ability. 

This is where I am about this, if he is mentally up for it amd wants to restart his career then he is an upgrade on Hourihane and McGinn. 

If he is only coming for a payday and not bothered then i would be pissed with this signing. We have been stung before with shit deals like this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We need a bully in midfield though? If we couldn’t get RLC would you accept Barkley?  I’m keen on Barkley if I’m honest

50 PL appearances for Chelsea, 4 goals and 9 assists and that's in a far better team than we are.

I don't want Barkley ever for any reason. He'll just cost a fortune and will go down as another has been that came here and stole a living.

If he signs then he will get my support but as much as I would love to be wrong I feel pretty confident that 2 years from now I'll be quoting myself and gloating in my prescience (that is a joke before anyone goes all frontal lobe on me)

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â