Jump to content

Ross Barkley


LondonLax
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very pleased for him. Great performance today. I don't think it was quite so much on here but again on Twitter pre match everyone is already ripping into Barkley for starting again and I really didn't understand why. He played well last week, of course he's going to start against his former club.

Delighted he delivered again and dropped a big performance. It's a shame this loan spell has dropped off completely the last few months, no idea what happened to the bloke and I don't believe all the he doesn't care or thinks he's big headed nonsense that gets thrown around. I guess we'll never find out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously delighted for him but makes everything a bit tricky if he now keeps up this level of performance! Just not sure where we stand with him. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Obviously delighted for him but makes everything a bit tricky if he now keeps up this level of performance! Just not sure where we stand with him. 

If he keeps up this level then I think we'll definitely be interested - will be a matter of price

Link to comment
Share on other sites


He played very well.  The cynic in me wonders if he realised these are the two sides he could possibly sign for so worth putting a shift in but I suspect there is more to it than that.  Credit to Dean for sticking by him as I thought he was done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

His last 4 performances including today have been decent. Today I thought he was very good. His running off the ball all game was good. The run for AEG's goal was good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure why it was him marking Clavert Lewin tbh, and maybe Martinez should have done better, but that Mk1 Barkley tonight, alongside SJG and 2 further good additions, gets you in the top 6 at least.

The way he moved the ball, and more importantly his confidence to receive the ball in tight situations was the reason why we played so well tonight. If its not Barkley, we need someone similar in this role.

As someone said earlier, SJM and DL moving the ball quicker made a difference as well,

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems to have made a break through with whatever mental block he had. Was working hard all game, towards the end you could physically see the exertion which I've not seen from him for ages. Surely that performance will pay off fitness wise for the upcoming games and put him in a really positive frame of mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hasn't deserved the hate he's had most of the season. 

He's looked back to being physically fit these last two games and it's a huge difference. Hope he continues it to the end

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless he has given Dean an explanation for his shit form he needs sending back forever. If he had long covid (and still does?) then it may explain it. If it is mental issues then they need to be resolved if he's to continue at this level. 

Part of me wonders if he has a renewed hope for making the England team with the increased squad size and further injuries to other players likely to get a spot.  Or maybe he's looking for his next pay day.  I'm very cynical about this sudden resurgence of form. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had absolutely given up on him but he was pretty good vs WBA and brilliant today. Back to his best. Needs to continue it the next few games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DCJonah said:

Hasn't deserved the hate he's had most of the season. 

He's looked back to being physically fit these last two games and it's a huge difference. Hope he continues it to the end

Yeah he has

The frustration with him has been that he's a decent player when he wants to be a decent player, at his lowest this season his lack of professionalism has warranted the stick that he got 

Again tonight he showed he can play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Unless he has given Dean an explanation for his shit form he needs sending back forever. If he had long covid (and still does?) then it may explain it. If it is mental issues then they need to be resolved if he's to continue at this level. 

Part of me wonders if he has a renewed hope for making the England team with the increased squad size and further injuries to other players likely to get a spot.  Or maybe he's looking for his next pay day.  I'm very cynical about this sudden resurgence of form

This is where I'm at too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah he has

The frustration with him has been that he's a decent player when he wants to be a decent player, at his lowest this season his lack of professionalism has warranted the stick that he got 

Again tonight he showed he can play

Not for me. Criticism yes, pure hate was well out of order, for the simple crime of not being fit enough. 

I don't agree at all that he just decided to be a decent player tonight. He's clearly not been physically right for a long time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â