Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I’m really excited about the potential signing. It’s one of those where if it doesn’t come off I’ll be genuinely gutted. 

Yep. Strangely I always thought he was quite short, had no idea until just now that he's 6'2. Him plus a left forward and it's been an astonishingly good window. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm amazed there are people on here who wouldn't want Ross Barkley at Villa.

I've come round to it.

Maybe I underrate him? He seems very popular.

IMO if we were to sign a really good left winger (Rashica perhaps), he wouldn't start. Because of that I don't think he's worth the wages we'd be paying.

Barkley could and probably would play his best football here - total Martinez situation IMHO - all he needs is to be starting games and be surrounded by some quality in a team full of good vibes and a bit of confidence. Will take us up a level I am positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep. Strangely I always thought he was quite short, had no idea until just now that he's 6'2. Him plus a left forward and it's been an astonishingly good window. 

Yeah he’s a big lad 😁 which gives us something we don’t currently have in the middle, as well as his technical ability.

I never used to like him, but my friend is an Everton fan and wouldn’t ever stop talking about him. Then my Chelsea friend was saying how underrated he was and I watched him closely and realised he’s a decent player. Probably too good for us where we are, but the sort of signing we need to progress.

• Like 2

Â