Ross Barkley

LondonLax

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Garbage. Wouldn’t bother me one bit if we sent him back tomorrow. 

We’re finishing mid table this season. It would be absolute madness if we continued to play him. 

Dislike him individually and as a player, I think he affects the performance of others. Terrible team player, awful attitude. 

Yep. Agree completely.

I think it's rather ironic he is so soft and lazy though, cause physically he is quite the athlete.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He doesn't work as hard as Watkins or Mcginn but he never has and I never thought he'd be that sort of player. Although I would say that he looked much more athletic in his games before his injury. I don't think it's just a case of he's lazy. 

I don't think Dean or any of our coaching staff, especially JT, would stand for it, if it was as simple as he's a fat lazy bastard with a bad attitude like has been invented on here. 

I genuinely don't get the anger towards him. 

Thanks for reply mate but I'm never angry at players who have a poor game (it happens). But not giving 100% is unacceptable to me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well I will say this. In the past 2 seasons I look at some of our players and can clearly see the conditioning is not there. Whether that stems from standards, the manger, the sports science team I don't know.

Mate to be fair, beginning of the season, we looked like a team possessed. It's the fittest and most aggressive I've ever seen us, it had alot to do with Trez massive improvement as well.

Since Covid, everything has collapsed, however, unless everyone got long Covid, it doesn't explain the difference.

If I remember correctly, Targett was one of the positive players, yet he seems to actually be one of the only ones who has kept his level.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate to be fair, beginning of the season, we looked like a team possessed. It's the fittest and most aggressive I've ever seen us, it had alot to do with Trez massive improvement as well.

Since Covid, everything has collapsed, however, unless everyone got long Covid, it doesn't explain the difference.

If I remember correctly, Targett was one of the positive players, yet he seems to actually be one of the only ones who has kept his level.

I think some of it might be that we had that break with the training ground closed and then the majority of our training has been just about recovery. I'd imagine that impacts keeping everyone at 100% 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He doesn't work as hard as Watkins or Mcginn but he never has and I never thought he'd be that sort of player. Although I would say that he looked much more athletic in his games before his injury. I don't think it's just a case of he's lazy. 

I don't think Dean or any of our coaching staff, especially JT, would stand for it, if it was as simple as he's a fat lazy bastard with a bad attitude like has been invented on here. 

I genuinely don't get the anger towards him. 

I think you can forgive a player for not pulling his weight in terms of work-rate, but he obviously is not compensating with technical quality. He turns the ball over so so often, and breaks down a lot of our play. If you aren't delivering technically, you work hard/work up your fitness to compensate. Trez is an absolutely shining example of this.

The other thing that I resent Barkley for is the fact he kicked AEG out the side when he was in the form of his life (which is obviously the manager's decision, not Barkley), but then has the cheek to strop every time he is subbed. I don't see that from any other players like Anwar, Trez, who are far more hard done by than him. Absolute Representative for Wellingborough, sorry.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure these clauses exist.  This might be an idiotic question but do they include 'non-playing' clauses in Football Manager?  It's the kind of detail they would include if they really exist.  I guess there is an indirect consequence if the player's original club get pissed off that their value has decreased because of not playing much and they won't want to deal with us in the future.

These clauses DO exist.  Trevor Sinclair was on talksport talking about these clauses.

• Like 1

After last week we said he cant start the next game.

He comes off today round 75 mins and the tv commentator says he couldn't get into the game, wasn't up to speed and that he is returning from injury. We could have told you that last week mate. Let me guess what happens next week?

Also I get he is frustrated personally with all this but is there any need to look like a kid in an u8 match when subbed off.

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he's annoyed at himself for being out of form, so I don't think he's being disrespectful in outwardly showing his frustration. Think about being in his shoes, he knows he's not going to the Euros and he knows he's going to end up at best in a bottom half Prem side next season or back in Chelsea reserves. 

Welcome back Conor :)

Shouldn't be in the squad next week after his reaction to being taken off today 

I wouldn't mind if was playing well but he looks a guy that doesn't give a **** and is happy getting his money and thinks he is Billy big bollocks 

Edited by gaffer85
Spelling

I'd love it if he never played for us again.

He's not our player and he never will be, so start investing these minutes into Sanson and Ramsey.

Let Barkley sulk in the stands, he'd be expending the same amount of energy he currently does on the pitch.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Playing very poorly at the moment and showing a bad attitude. Such a shame as when he first came in he looked so good and a perfect fit for our team. 

He’s definitely not worth the money they’ve been mentioning for him. I just worry that as Jack likes him so much whether we try to push the transfer through to appease him.

I’ve been a harsh critic of him for several weeks now, but I agree words like hate are a bit strong.

At the end of the day, if he’s not picked, he wouldn’t play.

I love Dean Smith for turning this club around, and what he has achieved has been nothing short of remarkable. 

However, he’s clearly not without his flaws - and blind faith in ‘has-beens’ coming good is clearly one of them.

Yes, it’s clear that he shouldn’t be in the team - but the punishment for poor performances should be not being picked - not being hated.

I would LOVE for him to come good. Play superbly, fire us into Europe, and earn a permanent contract with us.

unfortunately, it’s just not in his DNA to work hard.  Which is not just something he’s doing at Villa - but rather a criticism that has followed him around throughout his career.

This is not Ross Barkley’s fault.  It’s poor ‘scouting’ and misguided persistence when it is obvious that the qualities that he lacks outweigh the qualities that he brings to the side.  We’re just the wrong fit for him.  And to be brutally honest, the role of the traditional no.10 is no longer a viable one at the elite level. 
It’s a shame it isn’t working out.  

But let’s face it, it’s not HIS fault he’s being picked to play.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apart from Liverpool and Arsenal (away), where did Barkley had a great game? Yes won us against Leicester and Southampton, but nowhere near good performances. Was one of the main reasons we were outplayed by Leeds. Trez was always a hard worker (with good positioning) but nothing more. 

Add to that the fact that we were taken by teams more seriously. Our best consistent performances was when Barkley and Trez missing. Since they came back our performances dropped. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’ve been a harsh critic of him for several weeks now, but I agree words like hate are a bit strong.

At the end of the day, if he’s not picked, he wouldn’t play.

I love Dean Smith for turning this club around, and what he has achieved has been nothing short of remarkable. 

However, he’s clearly not without his flaws - and blind faith in ‘has-beens’ coming good is clearly one of them.

Yes, it’s clear that he shouldn’t be in the team - but the punishment for poor performances should be not being picked - not being hated.

I would LOVE for him to come good. Play superbly, fire us into Europe, and earn a permanent contract with us.

unfortunately, it’s just not in his DNA to work hard.  Which is not just something he’s doing at Villa - but rather a criticism that has followed him around throughout his career.

This is not Ross Barkley’s fault.  It’s poor ‘scouting’ and misguided persistence when it is obvious that the qualities that he lacks outweigh the qualities that he brings to the side.  We’re just the wrong fit for him.  And to be brutally honest, the role of the traditional no.10 is no longer a viable one at the elite level. 
It’s a shame it isn’t working out.  

But let’s face it, it’s not HIS fault he’s being picked to play.

I literally watched something the other day saying the exact opposite that there has been a renasonance of the number 10 role since 4-2-3-1 became fashionable.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I literally watched something the other day saying the exact opposite that there has been a renasonance of the number 10 role since 4-2-3-1 became fashionable.

Did they provide any examples of a number 10 in the premier league?

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That's the video TiFo made on it.

That video supports exactly what I’m saying.

39 minutes ago, Thug said:

And to be brutally honest, the role of the traditional no.10 is no longer a viable one at the elite level.

The video talks about how the traditional number 10 that is there for the sole purpose of creativity is now defunct. 
it talks about the ‘modern’ number 10 that is expected to join in the midfield for the defensive duties.

It makes a point of using Bruno Fernandes as an example who when I last checked makes 1.7 tackles per game compared to Barkley’s 0.2.

What you watched was NOT the exact opposite of what I said, but in exact agreement with what I said.

Barkley is a traditional no.10 who is defensively useless.  His role is defunct.

4DD2966F-B5C4-4AD7-88EE-42FE3BDCC725.jpeg

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

Â