Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He was shit but most of them were shit today.

I don’t think that’s what irritates most.

it’s the obvious lack of effort and balls to compete.

If he put 10% of the passion into his game that he does in his theatrics when he is subbed, we’d have the best player in the world. 

• Like 2

There's no way Dean can watch a replay of the match and not be unimpressed. First goal was shocking just gave up chasing Maddison because he couldn't be bothered. That's not fitness thats a poor mental attitude. He could have easily caught up with him and most likely prevented that goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's benefiting from there being no fans in the stadium.

100% agree with this. He would've been booed off quite a few times I would imagine. (Granted, I think that's the case for several of our players as well tbf)

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I really don't understand the absolute outrage of him walking back to the bench when he was subbed though. 

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Slow walked around the pitch, muttering and swearing, sits down on the stand.

Gets up, slow walks around some more, chucks his socks and shin pads into the Holte End.

Doesn't even greet our subs.

Who does he think he is?

He can piss right off.

This really riles me. Displays a total disconnect to the players who he is supposed to help. Just seems like a w*nker tbh, and always has seemed one. Don't sign Grealish mateys in future please.

• Like 3

I have been defending him but poor again.

His time at Villa reflects somewhat his career. A bright start full of promise but now looking rather flat and disappointing.

Where does he go from here? Apart from the reserve team at Chelsea and his £££s a week. Disappointing and needs to buck up or his career will be gone.

• Like 1

No way that Barkley or Loftus-Cheek will get a look in at Tuchel's Chelsea team. Both will be on the market this Summer but I don't see either one going for big bucks.

3 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

This really riles me. Displays a total disconnect to the players who he is supposed to help. Just seems like a w*nker tbh, and always has seemed one. Don't sign Grealish mateys in future please.

Yh, the type of guy who would spill food in the back of a cab, and despite being on £100k+ a week, refuse to pay the cabbie a valet fee, until he’s marched to the cashpoint by the police. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

There's no way Dean can watch a replay of the match and not be unimpressed. First goal was shocking just gave up chasing Maddison because he couldn't be bothered. That's not fitness thats a poor mental attitude. He could have easily caught up with him and most likely prevented that goal. 

This is what i observed too, i don`t understand the people here saying he wasn`t any worse than anyone else, and had an OK game etc.. Just watch the first goal and see what kind of impact he has on the team. It`s an insult for him to be making more in one year than most people make in a lifetime, when this is the effort he gives to the team. 

He was great in the start of the season, since we took teams by surprise, and he was only responsible for getting in good positions on the counter and break away attacks we had. Now other teams have figured us out, and we are not afforded the same room for quick counter-attacks, and thus he is almost worth-less to the team. Especially since he can`t dribble or pss for shit these days, so many of our attacks break down since he just spins (slowly) around his own core before passing straight into the legs of the opponent, and gives them the ball

• Like 2

A deeply unimpressive performance IMO. Confused by people saying 'he wasn't that bad'; he made a lot of mistakes both on and off the ball.

It's time for him to ride the pine. The England ship has already sailed, so we need to prioritise our future as a club, and the players we have under permanent contract.

• Like 4

If he continues playing like this until the end of this season there's no way we should be spending money on him. Since he returned from injury he's been poor, apart from the winning goal vs Southampton. Other than that goal the only impact his presence has had is to have destroyed the confidence that El Ghazi had prior to Barkley's return. 

15 minutes ago, Thug said:

I don’t think that’s what irritates most.

it’s the obvious lack of effort and balls to compete.

If he put 10% of the passion into his game that he does in his theatrics when he is subbed, we’d have the best player in the world. 

Who cares what he does after he's subbed? I only care what he does on the field, which has been sub-par for a long time now.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's benefiting from there being no fans in the stadium.

To be fair the whole team benefits from that.  

Barkley is just wasting his best chance of having a decent career to look back on.  It's hard to see where he goes if he can't convince us to buy him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Who cares what he does after he's subbed? I only care what he does on the field, which has been sub-par for a long time now.

I don’t care what he does after he’s subbed.

I said if he tried as hard to be noticed while he’s on the pitch, he’d be amazing.

Â