Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Barkley was a little better against Arsenal and he does link up well with players around him.

He does go missing though and seems fatigued. I also didn't like his petulance when he was substituted. 

To be honest for the rumored £20-30 million it will cost to sign him I think we should look elsewhere. Spend a little more on a better more consistent version of Barkley spending £30-50 million.

• Like 1

Im really not sold on him. I think he's completely wrong for our centre 3. We should have imo 2 McGinns or B2B players  infront of the 6. I don't think having a 10 in there works. 

It's not personal against Ross either. I just think he suits a possession based team rather a counter attacking based side. He slows our transition down when attacking and I think it showed when he went off the work rate of Ramsey gave us far more legs in the middle and more pace breaking.

• Like 1

Good post by OBE. But I just have to say, I don’t think he is that a good 10 either.

I'll admit he might not be match fit so I haven’t seen what he can do yet.

All I ever see Barkley do is fanny about slow as an oil tanker, having nice touches and spreading the ball out at times. But ultimately he's very slow, doesn't work hard, isn't very impressive at creating or producing, and slows everything down. The latter is annoying as hell cause he doesn't suit how we play at all. He has something about him and you can see he is class on the ball but that's kind if it as well. He's what Tom Huddlestone would look like playing a second striker role.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we paid £20-30 million for him, but I think we can quite easily find someone that makes us a much better football team for that money.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

He’s ok but his off the ball work is embarrassing. He lets players just ghost past him and has no intent on doing any defensive duties. Is he being told to do this? 

Either way, he’s technically a good player but he doesn’t suit our midfield and I’m surprised he’s still in the side. I’d much rather be playing Luiz, Ramsey etc. 

Wouldn’t spend much on him. 

He was much better than he has been in recent matches for sure. However, still doesn't work hard enough for the team for me. Especially at the rumoured price and wages... not for me right now. When you see our striker and our Captain working their absolute bollox off in defense, and him chilling up top, it speaks volumes for me.

UNLESS this is at Deanos instruction, but I don't see why he would get this pass, when Ollie is sometimes all the way back in defence.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was much better than he has been in recent matches for sure. However, still doesn't work hard enough for the team for me. Especially at the rumoured price and wages... not for me right now. When you see our striker and our Captain working their absolute bollox off in defense, and him chilling up top, it speaks volumes for me.

UNLESS this is at Deanos instruction, but I don't see why he would get this pass, when Ollie is sometimes all the way back in defence.

mood GIF

Â