Season Tickets 2020/1

rbcuk

51 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Can’t imagine many will be paying this £15 a game, I already pay for sky no chance am I paying another £15 for the games I want, will watch it on my iptv 

Exactly my point. In fact, I'm going to write to them explaining that if that's how the future is to proceed I shall be cancelling my sky sports subscription altogether and watching via alternative means - which will be the little rivers as there are plenty about. 

Edited by Villarocker

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Of the fixtures, all of ours are on PPV Up until Nov 1

Yep, three fixtures in October - Leicester, Leeds and Southampton - at £15 per game so £45 to the Sky to watch Villa this month. They can go forth and multiply. I already pay a sky sports subscription so why pay extra to watch my club? They should all wear masks, regardless of Covid, if they're going to rob people. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Yep, three fixtures in October - Leicester, Leeds and Southampton - at £15 per game so £45 to the Sky to watch Villa this month. They can go forth and multiply. I already pay a sky sports subscription so why pay extra to watch my club? They should all wear masks, regardless of Covid, if they're going to rob people. 

I thought the PPV money went directly to the clubs?

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I thought the PPV money went directly to the clubs?

Still the fans getting screwed in this Covid time.  The PL did ok during the billion pound spending spree during the transfer window.  You would’ve thought, sorry hoped that just until some fans can get back into the stadiums that the vast amount of money they can get from Sky would be enough rather hurting their loyal fans for more money when their loyal fans are trying to recover.  At least do a reasonable price like £5 per match rather than £15 which is a ridiculous price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Still the fans getting screwed in this Covid time.  The PL did ok during the billion pound spending spree during the transfer window.  You would’ve thought, sorry hoped that just until some fans can get back into the stadiums that the vast amount of money they can get from Sky would be enough rather hurting their loyal fans for more money when their loyal fans are trying to recover.  At least do a reasonable price like £5 per match rather than £15 which is a ridiculous price.

You can’t have it both ways. We were all desperate to see new players come in. Now they have and it’s our turn to dig deep. I would rather have the option (remember that this is a choice) of paying £15 to watch a game that I would otherwise miss in the hope that we may be good as opposed to paying £5 to watch the same players that struggled last season, struggle again!

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You can’t have it both ways. We were all desperate to see new players come in. Now they have and it’s our turn to dig deep. I would rather have the option (remember that this is a choice) of paying £15 to watch a game that I would otherwise miss in the hope that we may be good as opposed to paying £5 to watch the same players that struggled last season, struggle again!

I see what you are saying.  I’m fortunate that I can afford paying the £15 a time but feel sorry for the loyal fans that can’t. I remember times when I was younger and struggled to pull money together to go to games. Add that to Covid pain now and financial distress that has caused, it’s just a shame that until fans can get back in there and society has some new version of normality that a half way house could be achieved on price, then they can do what they like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Yes, and it's not clear whether games shown on Sky or BT would also be available for PPV in any case. So unless you have both Sky & BT, you might not be able to see all of the games, unless you pay a subscription to both companies, as well as paying for individual PPV games. Going to be costly for fans to be able to watch all of the home games even, as things currently seem likely. :( Nothing said about using a bit of the television income to try to keep clubs further down the football pyramid afloat either. 

24 minutes ago, John said:

I was referring to the proportion of the purchase price that will be paid by fans for PPV, that Sky/BT will deduct from what they give the clubs. 

Sorry John, I was sarcastically suggesting they would take £13.95 leaving a quid for the clubs from the £14.95 fee 👍

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sorry John, I was sarcastically suggesting they would take £13.95 leaving a quid for the clubs from the £14.95 fee 👍

You might not be that far off, they will want a large slice of the cash I'm sure. 👍

36 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

A post in another thread sparked a question I’ve always wondered and never asked: what does a season ticket to VP cost?

I assume it depends on the seat you’re looking to buy.

Last season My daughters (13) was A bargain at just £120 ish. Mine was nearer £600

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

A post in another thread sparked a question I’ve always wondered and never asked: what does a season ticket to VP cost?

I assume it depends on the seat you’re looking to buy.

I'm in K7. I think I paid £420 for my own and £79 for my sons.

Worked out about £53 pm 

I really don't think that its a surprise we've been so much better without fans. 

I love going to villa Park but as a fanbase at home, we really don't help our team as much as we should. 

The downward spiral of negativity created by Lerner had a big impact on the crowd and seemed to cement in. 

I hope when we return, we don't resort to some of the negativity we've been guilty of in the past. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I really don't think that its a surprise we've been so much better without fans. 

I love going to villa Park but as a fanbase at home, we really don't help our team as much as we should. 

The downward spiral of negativity created by Lerner had a big impact on the crowd and seemed to cement in. 

I hope when we return, we don't resort to some of the negativity we've been guilty of in the past. 

I've wanted to mention this before but while we are on a roll don't want to come across as too negative.

I can imagine being at Villa Park when Liverpool got that goal back at 2-1, the place would have turned very nervy and then as soon as a player has a bad touch, loses the ball etc, we don't half get on their backs.

Hopefully we can now see what this team is capable of and this doesn't happen as much when fans eventually return.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So what’s this uploading photos before buying a ticket all about then?

Yeah I thought it was strange, hope doesn’t mean you can’t lend your card to someone else If not attending. Seems they want it passport style as well.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yeah I thought it was strange, hope doesn’t mean you can’t lend your card to someone else If not attending. Seems they want it passport style as well.

That’s what we was saying, as no reason why they would need a picture and they said it was due to Covid....more like if we can’t go to a game we can’t give it to someone to use

• Sad 1

Â