Coming up - One mullering !

hippo

Sadly I only caught glimpses of last nights game, mixed reports from what I hear. However I like the balance of the team at the moment - it reminds me of Brian Littles mid 90's team. anyway I think someone, very soon is going to cop a right pasting from us - so watch out Fulham ......"It could be you !!!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We aren't bombing forward with players when we attack like we used to the first half of last season.

Dean has 100 % tweaked his system. There's no doubt about it. And i think it is the correct decision.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We aren't bombing forward with players when we attack like we used to the first half of last season.

Dean has 100 % tweaked his system. There's no doubt about it. And i think it is the correct decision.

Yeah I felt Cash was quite restrained last night. Could just be that relationship is not yet there with Trez.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah I felt Cash was quite restrained last night. Could just be that relationship is not yet there with Trez.

easing his way in.....I thought he looked comfortable on the ball, no need for heroics.....had a good game IMO.

I need to see him defend, before i get too carried away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We managed 2 shots on target against a 10 man Sheffield U last night.

Need some new players in and start playing at a much higher passing tempo if we are to kick on. Hopefully Traoré's pace and offence can help us exploit teams that play a bit higher defensively than Sheffield did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

That ok though, cus hopefully he can now spend that important bonding time with traore instead.....

Just now, sne said:

Need some new players in and start playing at a much higher passing tempo if we are to kick on. Hopefully Traoré's pace and offence can help us exploit teams that play a bit higher defensively than Sheffield did.

Very short sighted view of game. 2 near misses. Jack and Ollie. Against a well known drilled and organised unit with 10 men, that banked in. We actually looked better in the 1st 10 mins against 11 with space behind them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

We won't play Sheff Utd every week.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

easing his way in.....I thought he looked comfortable on the ball, no need for heroics.....had a good game IMO.

I need to see him defend, before i get too carried away.

Yeah agree had a good game. Restrained was not a bad thing, especially with Sheff use of width. Was pleasantly surprised but as you say not tested too much defensively. The few problems we did have came down the left.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Very short sighted view of game. 2 near misses. Jack and Ollie. Against a well known drilled and organised unit with 10 men, that banked in. We actually looked better in the 1st 10 mins against 11 with space behind them.

Sheffield allowed us to have the flanks and we put a gazillion, mostly harmless crosses in. No penetration centrally and very slow passing tempo against a organized side.

Agree that we looked better against 11 men and as I mentioned hopefully Traoré can add something with his pace and movement. We need reinforcements.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Totally agree. They are playing with restraint and the defence in mind. 

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Sheffield allowed us to have the flanks and we put a gazillion, mostly harmless crosses in. No penetration centrally and very slow passing tempo against a organized side.

Agree that we looked better against 11 men and as I mentioned hopefully Traoré can add something with his pace and movement. We need reinforcements.

Yes, they were happy to offer the flanks and defend the penalty box. We did try some intricate 1-2’s centrally, they defended well though. Looked better with Davis on as a foil but this because they pushed on also. First game of season. Traore would have been a useful addition. Seems to have that ‘maverick’ quality, that could have unlocked such a stubborn defence. Last season we lacked pace in attack. Ollie looked quick and strong. Traore should add to that. Agree about additions, Rashica and good CM option would do it for me. I think Hourihane, although offers other benefits, slows the temp too much IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes, they were happy to offer the flanks and defend the penalty box. We did try some intricate 1-2’s centrally, they defended well though. Looked better with Davis on as a foil but this because they pushed on also. First game of season. Traore would have been a useful addition. Seems to have that ‘maverick’ quality, that could have unlocked such a stubborn defence. Last season we lacked pace in attack. Ollie looked quick and strong. Traore should add to that. Agree about additions, Rashica and good CM option would do it for me. I think Hourihane, although offers other benefits, slows the temp too much IMO. 

Fully agree!

35 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The thing is, it's not just the fullbacks.

Before literally everyone were bombing forward except the centre backs.

That's why we were conceding 20+ shots every game. Absolutely mad tactics.

So glad he has finally changed it. 

We are going to be set up to counter attack. The way last night unfolded worked against that and we struggled. Ironically we looked more dangerous against 11 men.

I think this may be a bit of a pattern for us this season. Hopefully it will lead to more away points and points against the better teams. I think we will continue to struggle against anyone who parks the bus. Overall though it should lead to an overall improvement on our end of season accumulative points.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

OK, Who hacked Villalad21's account?

• 3 weeks later...
Â