Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Question: what position do people think we'll be seriously challenging for this season? A couple of weeks ago I would've said anywhere above 14thish but the way we've started the season, I genuinely don't know why we can't at least challenge for 7th?

I would take 14th right now.

On 28/09/2020 at 20:22, Folski said:

Disappointing tonight that we couldn’t score more, don’t want to lose the title on goal difference.

Much better tonight in helping the goal diff 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Question: what position do people think we'll be seriously challenging for this season? A couple of weeks ago I would've said anywhere above 14thish but the way we've started the season, I genuinely don't know why we can't at least challenge for 7th?

I’m obviously getting completely carried away but we are looking different gravy in the PL. Let’s go with 4th...

(Ask again when we are inevitably battered in our next 3 games) 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Jack said 12th to 8th so that is where I want us to finish

Mid table would be superb but now we have beaten Liverpool by 7 the players will go in to every game feeling they can win regardless of who the opponent is.  

A lot will come down to injuries but if we can keep our key players fit there is no reason we can’t finish top off. I mean if Sheffield United can do it why can’t we?!

Need to get to fourty points as soon as possible, we'already have more than a quarter of last seaon's total, then take it from there. Even though we won our game, I'm still glad that Fulham, Albion and Sheffield United lost their games, need as big a gap between ourselves and those kind of teams as possible, especially with the run of fixtures we have at the end of the season, although hopefully we're well clear by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Need to get to fourty points as soon as possible, we'already have more than a quarter of last seaon's total, then take it from there. Even though we won our game, I'm still glad that Fulham, Albion and Sheffield United lost their games, need as big a gap between ourselves and those kind of teams as possible, especially with the run of fixtures we have at the end of the season, although hopefully we're well clear by then.

Teams are going to fear us this season. We won't win every game but I promise everyone here we're going to seriously harm some of them. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I would take 14th right now.

100%. 12th-15th is still the target. Picking up more points now just means less likely to be scrapping at the end of the season which is the objective. Steady progress!

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

There goes the flying under the radar thing!

It’s nice though. I’ve been so annoyed reading so many comments from other fans that we are likely to go down. Maybe we changed a few minds with these three wins.

We will have many ups and downs this season but for the first time in years it feels like we are building something special. The team spirit, determination, exciting play, it’s all there. We also have some truly brilliant individual players within that.

We might end up losing by 5 goals and doing some mad shit this season, but I’m glad I can share it with you all.

• Like 2

Let’s see how they do with a little adversity. Match congestion, poor form, Injuries will test this team. But I say Top 10. Yes pool were without some players and it was probably an off-day for them but we dismantled their defense and did very well not to let them get into a rhythm. It wasn’t like we were getting lucky with counters nor was it a nail- biting 1-nil win. We handily beat them with a much better execution of a game plan. This team has a ton of ability and as Dean said, they set the bar for expectations this season. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Â