Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

35 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Big week let's see if we got the minerals.  6 points and its on!

I agree, this is a huge week, the table will split in to the usual three chunks i think after the next two games.

we will still have games in hand but six points would see us right in that first group, one win in the middle with the bottom 5 looking like 4 points behind that middle pack. 

really important month not just for safety but any transfer window. I really think we will spend if we hit the transfer window near 30 points. 

18 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I really think we will spend if we hit the transfer window near 30 points. 

FFP limit.  I don't think we have any intention of spending anything in January unless things have gone seriously wrong - like a long-term injury to a key player.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

FFP limit.  I don't think we have any intention of spending anything in January unless things have gone seriously wrong - like a long-term injury to a key player.

Having an injury wouldn’t give us anymore leverage with FFP, we’ve either got funds left to play with or we haven’t. I think we have. 

26 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Purslow or anyone else has previously mentioned anything towards money available in January?

I'm sure Smith said they had some left over as they didn't get all targets.

• Thanks 1

On 14/12/2020 at 18:37, maqroll said:

We need to take maximum points from the next three games because the following five games are pretty tough.

Given us this season we’ll be awful the next two games and then awesome in those five.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

How much room do we have then? I was thinking on the basis of we are in a position where we know we are staying up, do we bring forward any summer targets to January if the price is right? 

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's irritating as **** that we have 3 games in hand looking at the table. I know its for good reason but I hate it.

The Newcastle and $ity games will probably be re-scheduled to our last games of the season as well

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

It's irritating as **** that we have 3 games in hand looking at the table. I know its for good reason but I hate it.

Totally agree. Our fatigued players will no doubt have to shoe-horn those games into an already jam packed schedule. 

Having to play those extra games is going to be a disadvantage in terms of injuries and tiredness. Its frustrating as hell. 

Â