Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Liverpool losing, Spuds drawing, Chelsea lost. Good weekend for us. Saints the big winners so far this matchweek

Liverpool-Spurs on Wednesday. Chelsea might drop points at Wolves. Table could look great again if we win our next two although I think 4 points is more likely.

Bit mad we would've been bottom half again if Palace had won. Last season after 12 games Sheffield United were 5th and they had 17 points so one less than what we have now. Even that table was pretty tight as we were 17th but only 6 points off Sheffield.

27 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The more I look at the table the more this games in hand situation annoys me. We will kick off against Burnley on Thursday around 11th or 12th with 3 games in hand on most. You dont know whether you're 12th or 5th, or anywhere inbetween.

Why does this annoy you?

28 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The more I look at the table the more this games in hand situation annoys me. We will kick off against Burnley on Thursday around 11th or 12th with 3 games in hand on most. You dont know whether you're 12th or 5th, or anywhere inbetween.

It's way better than being games ahead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Why does this annoy you?

Lots of little things probably, I don't know whether we are 6 or 7 league places better than we are. I dont know who our rivals are when I'm watching other teams games. As a club, with Grealish wanting us to be a top club, Konsa possibly looking to get England recognition, us potentially attracting players in Jan, surely it's better to be in European spots rather than in bottom half with potential to be in european spots. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Lots of little things probably, I don't know whether we are 6 or 7 league places better than we are. I dont know who our rivals are when I'm watching other teams games. As a club, with Grealish wanting us to be a top club, Konsa possibly looking to get England recognition, us potentially attracting players in Jan, surely it's better to be in European spots rather than in bottom half with potential to be in european spots. 

Breathe Jack Black GIF by Tenacious D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

10th after 10 games happy as a pig in shit with that!

Yeah,  offered that at the start of our first game and I'd have said thank you very much. 

Offered it after last season ended i'd have bit your hands off.

Offered it two games before last season finished and I'd have been willing to offer you anything.

All the above, with a game or 2 in hand on everyone, and I almost can't believe its true.  Amazing, absolutely amazing,  how far we've come. 

Keep it up boys...third if we win our games in hand... and give how Man City looked yesterday its definitely possible. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, turvontour said:

I agree.  it's annoying me too. We should have been in the top 4-6 for the last few weeks on the same number of games instead of mid-table.  I suppose it helps keep expectations a bit more grounded and gives an element of surprise, but I want us to be being talked about like Southampton and praised for how we are doing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I agree.  it's annoying me too. We should have been in the top 4-6 for the last few weeks on the same number of games instead of mid-table.  I suppose it helps keep expectations a bit more grounded and gives an element of surprise, but I want us to be being talked about like Southampton and praised for how we are doing.

Our games in hand (City and Newcastle) are games i honestly feel we have a good chance getting 6 points from as well

14 hours ago, turvontour said:

Although i understand this position is really not the best indicator of where we are, its far too open to outside influence, its only points that matter!

TBH  Id actually say it could have an advantage, we wont have the extra pressures and distractions of being high in the table. 

Edited by Nigel

To be honest I’m only seeing it as one game on hand, I’m not counting Man City game. For now let’s just forget that we have games on hand and play with what we’ve got. It’s 7 points behind top 2. Let’s see what can we do in our next 3 before playing our hardest run. This season it’s a game by game. 

• Like 2

I must be out of mind, but I no longer care where we are in the table. I'm just so damn pleased "we're great" again. The way we're playing for the time being, you just know there's nothing much to worry about. Good times. 

Â