Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The Norwich game make me shudder in memory. We were so, so, so bad. Yet still won. I flew back from Germany the morning of that game to watch it. It was not worth the journey.

I watched it at home with my wife’s dad, brother and uncle round. Two of them fell asleep before an hour had been played.

On 16/11/2020 at 13:22, Don_Simon said:

The Norwich game make me shudder in memory. We were so, so, so bad. Yet still won. I flew back from Germany the morning of that game to watch it. It was not worth the journey.

I remember I lost my bearings and ended up where the away fans normally are in the upper Doug Ellis. I was shocked at how small the concourse is!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Lawro's league table based on his predictions makes me laugh so much :)

image.thumb.png.41fad3fdb4a7b919b6e47e34f8fd7bf7.png

He's predicted us a draw this week too. That extends our winless run to 6 games (5 losses and a draw) in Lawroland. Tis a silly place.

Surprised he's got caught up in the Leeds circlejerk quite so hard, he usually seems too meat and veg for that kind of exotic hype job

Interesting article on the Beeb - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54984207

Could a club from outside the 'big 6' really win the Premier League?  A few snippets - 

For just the third time since the Premier League was reduced to 20 teams in 1995, three sides from outside the big six could amass 16 or more points from the first eight games of the season.

League leaders Leicester City have taken an impressive 18 points from a possible 24, while fourth-placed Southampton have 16 points and Aston Villa, in sixth with a game in hand, could become only the 23rd 'smaller' side to reach that tally in the past 26 seasons.

Sixth-placed Aston Villa are the standout surprise package this term, having bounced back from the brink of a return to the Championship on the final day of last season to being three points off top spot, with a game in hand.

After five wins and 15 points from seven games, victory against Brighton in their next match would mean Villa match Leicester's eight-game haul and secure more than half the points they managed in the whole of last season - when they won nine games.

A draw against Brighton would still ensure they join Southampton on 16 points from eight games, an impressive tally bettered by only eight non-big six sides since 1995.

But, while none of the 20 non-big six teams to take as many as 16 points from eight games have previously won the league, five have finished in a lucrative top-four position.

A top-seven placing has been achieved on 12 of those occasions, which would leave the door open to European qualification, while five sides ended in the bottom half. None have been relegated.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i don't see arsenal making top 6 this season...maybe not even man u either

I'd expect Man Utd to... because they'll throw another £100m at transfers in January and sack OGS shortly afterwards if results don't improve.

Also Man Utd actually have 1 point more than they did last season at the same stage.

Edited by ender4

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'd expect Man Utd to

I wouldn't put money on it,  there is something wonderfully wrong at that club.  

I don't know what and the best thing is,  neither do they.  

Their performances vs money spent is amusing and helps the Villa in a way as they skew the market.  80 Mill defender who is awful,  how much is Jack worth then by Manure logic ? 455 M ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Based on what I saw the other night, I'd genuienly be disappointed if we didn't finish above arsenal. They have real weaknesses in their side. 

whilst i agree, the next few will be interesting. arsenal tend to put teams like brighton to the sword, but we could easily draw/lose tomorrow and at west ham

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The only reason Man U will be ok is they have Fernandez. Time and time again he is the difference. If he got injured they would be screwed. 

We cant say anything!

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We haven’t spent a billion in the last 10 years and have the highest wage bill in the league. If we did I’d be pretty shocked if we were massively dependant on one player. 

Granted but we are still massively dependent on one player, who if got injured would result in a little bit of a problem!

• Like 1

Â