Our next 6 games.

Brighton
West Ham
Newcastle 
Wolves
Burnley
West Brom

Some very winnable games there.

Brighton and West Ham play the way we don't like. The other 4 we can probably set a record in one of them.

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Our next 6 games.

Brighton
West Ham
Newcastle 
Wolves
Burnley
West Brom

D L D L W W

Thats 8 from the next 18 available and should leave us around 9th having played a 3rd of the season. Which would be fantastic.

No chance we win the league, we don't have the depth. I know most are joking - but the fact is when we do lose games again people get angry because they feel winning the league was realistic. 

If any team will it will be either Spurs or Leicester. 

We are 4 players short of having enough.

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

No chance we win the league, we don't have the depth. I know most are joking - but the fact is when we do lose games again people get angry because they feel winning the league was realistic. 

I reckon one team will :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Will be interesting to see where we are (apart from the obvious reason of being fan) in January.

If we're still pushing for Europe, the powers that be will have a decision to make.  That team that started tonight is our best side and we're capable of beating anyone as we've seen.  That's great but I think we all looked at the bench tonight and gasped at how short of quality it was.  

Still, I can't believe I'm even contemplating Europe considering where we were just a few months ago.  I'm one of those fans that sets themselves up for failure as you suggested 😆

If we have 30 points by Jan I really think we will get two solid first team quality to challenge and add depth. 

LB

CM

we have the capability to be safe before the window opens let alone closes. 

if we beat Brighton and West Ham that will be 21 points in 9 games... oof

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Our next 6 games.

Brighton
West Ham
Newcastle 
Wolves
Burnley
West Brom

I don't like Brighton or West Ham. They seem like the teams that we struggle against. Brighton has been extremely unlucky this season despite playing some good football.

Wolves can always be dangerous.

35 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Will be interesting to see where we are (apart from the obvious reason of being fan) in January.

If we're still pushing for Europe, the powers that be will have a decision to make.  That team that started tonight is our best side and we're capable of beating anyone as we've seen.  That's great but I think we all looked at the bench tonight and gasped at how short of quality it was.  

Still, I can't believe I'm even contemplating Europe considering where we were just a few months ago.  I'm one of those fans that sets themselves up for failure as you suggested 😆

Europe isn’t impossible, that’s something we can aim for - but the title is certainly out of reach this season. Definitely incredible improvement so far 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

D L D L W W

Thats 8 from the next 18 available and should leave us around 9th having played a 3rd of the season. Which would be fantastic.

You are too much  of a realist for me!

34 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Europe isn’t impossible, that’s something we can aim for - but the title is certainly out of reach this season. Definitely incredible improvement so far 🙏

I'm having as much fun as a Villa fan now than I've had in the 25 years I've been a fan! Even the MON teams don't compare to the style of football Villa play when we are at our best this season. Even Targett is humming right along. The first choice XI is sorted right now. We can only hope they stay injury free.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

You are too much  of a realist for me!

Just remembering to keep my feet on the ground. After the Leicester win, there was talk of Champions League from some people and they were being serious!

Then Leeds and Southampton happened.

We are building a good side and we will push for a Europa League place within a few years I reckon. 

This season, finishing 10th would be incredible. But its so tight that its easy to slip into the bottom 6 with a bad run.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I'm having as much fun as a Villa fan now than I've had in the 25 years I've been a fan! Even the MON teams don't compare to the style of football Villa play when we are at our best this season. Even Targett is humming right along. The first choice XI is sorted right now. We can only hope they stay injury free.

Same here mate ❤️ Absolutely brilliant. If we stay injury free it’ll be superb, but I know we will have some problems at some point. UTV.

• Like 1

The best way is to take it one at a time. Now we play Brighton, that will be a huge game. They're an unlucky team and they'll most probably cause us some problems. We need to keep our heads up whatever the outcome was. We need to learn from what we've done against Leeds and Southampton. Our late goals against Southampton gave us belief.  Coming back that way showed us that we can get back to games, no need to panic. We're a good team. We need to calm down. Unlike Everton who threw all what they've done with being sent off or panicking. We've almost done that against Leeds (we've done it actually in the results wise).

To be fair to our defence, Bamford goals were world class finishes (apart from the first). Salah too, there could be an arguement that Salah second goal, Bamford second and third could've been blocked, but most of angles were covered.

Southampton were all free kicks. Add to all of that the panic that happens whenever we're losing.

Â