Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've lost two but won again and suddenly table is looking very good and we could go top if we beat Brighton?

Teams above us play each other so they could all draw 0-0 

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think this season has shown so far why teams shouldn't bother much with draws. Yes they're o.k if you're on a run of defeats and want to just stay up as was case for us last season but top team menality is not to bother with them unless you're going away to a direct title rival.

We've lost two but won again and suddenly table is looking very good and we could go top if we beat Brighton?

We still have that game in hand as well. 

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You're right i just checked it.

We could be in a shout for top 4 come January.

If we are i'm curious what the owners will do.

If we are within a sniff of Europe, I suspect they'll splash the cash!

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We still have that game in hand as well. 

Well Citeh couldn't even beat Liverpool, and we destroyed Liverpool, so I'm definitely counting on an easy win on our game in hand. 

49 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Midtable boring finish is on the card and I absolutely am all for it.. at a push Europa would be nice but a boring midtable no threat of relegation would absolutely do for me. 

Wouldnt call it boring so far 😉

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But we’ll lose some that everyone expects us to win and it will be the end of the world again. It’s a great open league so far this season. 

I think covid injuries might be a bigger thing after this international break. We have made a great start just in case that happens

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But we’ll lose some that everyone expects us to win and it will be the end of the world again. It’s a great open league so far this season. 

Whatever happens, I’ve never had this much fun watching the Premier League/First Division.

Seriously, I was born in 1990. I genuinely never have.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Whatever happens, I’ve never had this much fun watching the Premier League/First Division.

Seriously, I was born in 1990. I genuinely never have.

Shows with all talk of salary caps and top lot going off to euro superleagues to level the playing field all that was needed for more competitive field was no crowds and hardly a pre season.

Can spend all the money in the world but if players are unfit and lacking motivation with no fans in ground then results will level out between the teams.

This season is going to be a great case study in 5 years time when hopefully we've had 2-3 normal seasons.

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But it'll be the way we lose that'll make them all come out of the woodwork. Why can't we always play like Leeds when they win (but not like when they lose)?

Â