Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

not gonna lie, i am disappointed with losing to Leeds, i thought this one could be a huge banana skin and it proved to be a banana skin and 50 bananas fired at us from all angles.

However, if you had asked me what i would have considered a good start after 5 games, i would have said:

Sheff Utd - draw or win, Fulham - win, Liverpool - loss, Leicester - loss, Leeds - draw or win, so in that sense i would have said anything between 5 and 9 points would have been anything from an ok start (5 points) to a very good start (9 points).

we have 12 points, so as long as we continue to at least be decent, i will be happy......as long as we dont implode!, i think the excellent start got our expectations up a little, but lets hope we continue improving and showing that we at lease have a good mid table team.

If we manage top 10 by the end of the season, that would be a huge success.

• Like 1

The table is looking tight, season is going to be close from top to bottom.

According to the Media their darlings Everton had an off day today, it wasn't that Saints beat them fair and square. Yet when we lost to Leeds we didn't have an off day it was Leeds this and Leeds that. Funny the agenda the media (Sky) has!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I was replying to the question asked. Which was "have we played on a Saturday yet?".

So yes, it matters because it answered the question.

Ok. Thanks for the passive aggressive response.

Are fans, such as yourself, really bothered what day we play on? 

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ok. Thanks for the passive aggressive response.

Are fans, such as yourself, really bothered what day we play on? 

Your post seemed passive aggressive in fairness. But let's move on...

No I don't suppose it matters too much but having to wait until Sunday or Monday every weekend (bar one), is a bit frustrating.

There's no practical reason why it should matter. Just don't like waiting personally!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why?

Because it’s traditional, because Saturdays used to be about the football, it’s not actually important to the results or the league table or anything tangible but it used to be part of the fabric of football, in this country at least.

I find it sad that we won’t play a Saturday game until December, I don’t think it’s right to be playing games at 7pm on a Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If we are there or therebouts the top 6 come January it will be interesting to see what the owners do.

if flirting with europe or relegation i think we'll spend. if we're 10th/11th, comfortably safe, but no real chance of europe i don't think we'll do anything

Â