Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No fans in the ground is especially devestating to the promoted clubs.

I think it could be a comfortable win if we play close to our best.

I'm trying mate but for the life me I can't see any meat reference in that post. 😉

• Haha 1

In all serious, I think we're amassing quite a squad here. Unlike last season, the players we've been linked with are statistically good(aside from Callum Wilson) and have played in the top 5 leagues, hence their higher prices.

Its very early days, but I think I'm confident in putting my neck out and saying that Emi, Traore and Watkins will be quality for us. Whereas last season, I could barely have said that for any of our new signings.

Add Barkley/Cyprien and a quality CB into the mix, and I think there's no reason that we can't finish top half. In fact, I'm putting money on the fact that we will if we sign the 2 above.(Rashica would be nice, but I think there's more pressing concerns)

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

In all serious, I think we're amassing quite a squad here. Unlike last season, the players we've been linked with are statistically good(aside from Callum Wilson) and have played in the top 5 leagues, hence their higher prices.

Its very early days, but I think I'm confident in putting my neck out and saying that Emi, Traore and Watkins will be quality for us. Whereas last season, I could barely have said that for any of our new signings.

Add Barkley/Cyprien and a quality CB into the mix, and I think there's no reason that we can't finish top half. In fact, I'm putting money on the fact that we will if we sign the 2 above.(Rashica would be nice, but I think there's more pressing concerns)

And this always had to be the plan, for me. Last summer was always going to be quantity over quality. And surviving by any means necessary. 

This summer was about adding quality. It certainly seems like we are playing out our plan perfectly. I like the direction we are heading.

Just watching Steel City Moaners vs Man-Bun Utd and both look ordinary. They have threat but are not creating any clear chances and certainly lack any forward threat. Leeds may have peaked on the opening weekend against Liverpool. Sheffield look a shadow of last season. I appreciate it’s their Yorkshire Derby

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just watching Steel City Moaners vs Man-Bun Utd and both look ordinary. They have threat but are not creating any clear chances and certainly lack any forward threat. Leeds may have peaked on the opening weekend against Liverpool. Sheffield look a shadow of last season. I appreciate it’s their Yorkshire Derby

Spoke too soon, Bamford, third game in a row.

25 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Spoke too soon, Bamford, third game in a row.

But generally neither side looked better than us.  If you add Burnley, Fulham, WBA and Newcastle to the mix there are plenty of teams we should be able to surpass.  Cracking the top 12 will be the challenging part.  Everton, Leicester, Wolves, BHA - all quality sides and Southampton and CP are likely to be decent.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 11:39, Laughable Chimp said:

I think your right, do think were trying to raise the profile of the club, just that it's difficult when been out the top scene for a while. We have a Coach who somehow has to make a name for himself. I'm confident Dean can do it if he gets the right players in the right positions.

We have to give it time, we have to have good season then watch next season when much better players want to join.

Remember we are competing with much more recently succesfull clubs, some players just wait and wait to see if one pops up with an offer they cant refuse. End of the window if nothing pops up for these players they either choose there next options or stay at the club they are with.

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

But generally neither side looked better than us.  If you add Burnley, Fulham, WBA and Newcastle to the mix there are plenty of teams we should be able to surpass.  Cracking the top 12 will be the challenging part.  Everton, Leicester, Wolves, BHA - all quality sides and Southampton and CP are likely to be decent.

We will know if we will have a decent season by the end of October. If we are undefeated we could be onto something....

There's an old adage Strikers win matches and defenders win championships. Peps team has a poor defence. With belief you can get at this team. The only problem with City being defensively poor is Luiz. Under Pep and learning from Fernandinho would make bringing Luiz back very attractive to them.

Edited by Sulberto21

Â