Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Is it wrong of me to see these 12 points  earned so far as early steps towards safety? I still feel like we need to get to 40 points as quickly as possible to avoid relegation... should we dare to think that we might actually be quite comfortable this season? 

No, it's where I am. Take the steps as they come and see where it takes us. 

Our main danger I can see is suspensions and injuries. This is where the big squads of the top 6 come into play. 

Exciting times though. Very exciting. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, squad depth is by far our biggest issue right now, because our starting 11 now has so few flaws.

Traoré is a good player and will be the player to come on most games and maybe eventually start. The rest you don’t really want to see come on the pitch whIch is a worry. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cazoo so far:

Everton 4 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses

Aston Villa, 4 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses

Are they giving us performance enhancing drugs?

I've always been a fan of their milkshakes 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I said a while back before the end of the window there will be money available in January.

Better get the January transfer thread open! ;) 

• Haha 1

After Leeds, this will have been our hardest stretch of games until Christmas. To come out of it with at minimum 4 wins out of 5 is excellent. Actually, I don't even know why I'm counting Leeds in this tricky start, and will just include them in our run til Boxing Day:

Leeds

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Wolves

Burnley

West Brom

Palace

We joke now, but come Christmas we could very well still be in the mix with this kind fixture list.

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

After Leeds, this will have been our hardest stretch of games until Christmas. To come out of it with at minimum 4 wins out of 5 is excellent. Actually, I don't even know why I'm counting Leeds in this tricky start, and will just include them in our run til Boxing Day:

Leeds

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Wolves

Burnley

West Brom

Palace

We joke now, but come Christmas we could very well still be in the mix with this kind fixture list.

When does the rearranged Man City game slot in?

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Leeds

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Wolves

Burnley

West Brom

Palace

We have 12 and there’s 27 to go at from those fixtures. 

Even with the odd draw and couple of losses we could get 17 points. 

leaves us on 29 points after just 13 games... 

night and day from last season.  

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Is it wrong of me to see these 12 points  earned so far as early steps towards safety? I still feel like we need to get to 40 points as quickly as possible to avoid relegation... should we dare to think that we might actually be quite comfortable this season? 

It’s the right attitude to be fair and we should exceed 40 points when we play Palace on Boxing Day. 

ok.........after 4 games (10% of PL games), we are 34% towards our total points tally from last year.............nuts. (12 vs 35)

if we only average last seasons avg. PPG (0.921) for the remaining league games, that puts us on 43 points (or 14th based on last seasons table) - obviously im hoping for a little more now :P

Finally, for stat nerds like me, after 10% of the season we have 44.5% of our total wins from last season (9 vs 4), for a bonus stat, after 4 games we are on 12 points, we didnt manage that points tally until after match day 13 last season.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

nah, im excited that we have won 4/4, but tbh all i care about right now is 40 points, once we reach that i can relax and have some hopes for how far we can go after that tally is achieved. (hopefully far!!)

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s the right attitude to be fair and we should exceed 40 points when we play Palace on Boxing Day. 

Are you going to feel awkward when we go into game week 11 on 30 points 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â