Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Grealish and Barkley will be fresh. McGinn suddenly looked like he'd found his fitness again while playing for Scotland - he looked ripped 🤤

Depending how the travel has effected Dougie, I'd be tempted to start the team that just beat the champions.

Be ready to bring on Hourihane/Ramsay/Nakamba as the JM and DL tire.

From the Liverpool game only McGinn and Luiz was playing much on international duty. Jack had 1 game, Mings combined was over 1 game and Martinez was on the bench for Argentina. The rest were at home

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

From the Liverpool game only McGinn and Luiz was playing much on international duty. Jack had 1 game, Mings combined was over 1 game and Martinez was on the bench for Argentina. The rest were at home

Flying to Argentina and Bolivia and back is more my concern for the playing time for a goalkeeper, but not like I’d suggest dropping Emi for Steer as a result.

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Disappointing that we can’t go top tomorrow, but realistically that’s a better result with two of our title rivals dropping points.

Takes the gloss off beating Leicester tomorrow though doesn’t it. Just a little :(

It's all to predictable that Leicester will mop the floor with us tomorrow. Big reality check, especially after so many of our fans celebrated their alleged injuries as if those players being out guarantees us victory, even with players out the ice king's are still favorites against us, and their injury list probably isn't as bad as is being made out, wouldn't be surprised if it's all mind games to try and get us over confident.

• Like 1

i hope we are in a good position by the last 8 games, they are Liverpool, Man City, West Brom, Everton, Man Utd, Palace, Spurs and Chelsea.

I feel reasonably positive about this season, but tbh my natural Villa pessimism is making me uncomfortable with that small amount of positivity, i feel like someone is gonna steal my lollipop.....

9 minutes ago, useless said:

It's all to predictable that Leicester will mop the floor with us tomorrow. Big reality check, especially after so many of our fans celebrated their alleged injuries as if those players being out guarantees us victory, even with players out the ice king's are still favorites against us, and their injury list probably isn't as bad as is being made out, wouldn't be surprised if it's all mind games to try and get us over confident.

Fans are over confident. I’m sure the players are grounded.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i hope we are in a good position by the last 8 games, they are Liverpool, Man City, West Brom, Everton, Man Utd, Palace, Spurs and Chelsea.

I feel reasonably positive about this season, but tbh my natural Villa pessimism is making me uncomfortable with that small amount of positivity, i feel like someone is gonna steal my lollipop.....

That’s one tough run in. It’s probably where we will lose out on the title. 

• Haha 1

Have to say all bets are off. We've had a shite decade, but there's nothing about this team that will be shaped by that experience. We have a strong spine, we have a winning habit, we have a great defence - for sure there will be mistakes as in any season it just happens, but I think we can get a point tomorrow and beat Leeds.  Obvs we aint winning the league but this could be the best season for so very long.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Have to say all bets are off. We've had a shite decade, but there's nothing about this team that will be shaped by that experience. We have a strong spine, we have a winning habit, we have a great defence - for sure there will be mistakes as in any season it just happens, but I think we can get a point tomorrow and beat Leeds.  Obvs we aint winning the league but this could be the best season for so very long.  

confused the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not suggesting we are going to win the league and as such won’t comment too much on this thread, but it’s nice to dream big and also the so called big 6 look like they are coming back to the rest of the pack. No wonder they are looking to make changes to the top flight and safe guard there position and muscle. We must not let that happen.

15 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I’m not suggesting we are going to win the league and as such won’t comment too much on this thread, but it’s nice to dream big and also the so called big 6 look like they are coming back to the rest of the pack. No wonder they are looking to make changes to the top flight and safe guard there position and muscle. We must not let that happen.

As long as we’re around we’ll look at what infront of us. 
If we win tomorrow we go to second. We complete aiming for win. Sometimes we fancy a draw, we don’t have to over react after a loss but we need to keep momentum and see where it takes us. 

Who are our real rivals? We’re not sure. Let’s just enjoy being in these positions and discuss it game by a time. 

• Like 1

Just looked at the players used in 15-16 by Leicester and it was only 16 or so players utilised all season in the league. Also key players rarely missed games. 

Injuries really do define seasons, especially for teams with lack of quality in the squad.  Hopefully we can have a lot more luck with injuries this season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â