Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Middle of midfield McGinn and Luiz both put a lot of mins in over the last 10 days. 

A point would be a great result before kick off. Hoping Jack is fired up and can produce.

I completely disagree. A close run affair is exactly what we don't want. We want to be able to take both Luiz and mcginn out at about 70-80 minutes gone so they are fresh for Leeds. I would much rather it be 3-0 us (obviously) or 3-0 them

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I completely disagree. A close run affair is exactly what we don't want. We want to be able to take both Luiz and mcginn out at about 70-80 minutes gone so they are fresh for Leeds. I would much rather it be 3-0 us (obviously) or 3-0 them

Fair enough, I think a draw would be a better result than a 3-0 loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Middle of midfield McGinn and Luiz both put a lot of mins in over the last 10 days. 

A point would be a great result before kick off. Hoping Jack is fired up and can produce.

Atleast had only 2, McGinn played 3! Hopefully everyone will be up to it Sunday. The extra day will also help.

58 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Fair enough, I think a draw would be a better result than a 3-0 loss.

Like you, I am struggling to see the rationale behind a 3-0 loss being better than a draw!  I would probably take a point now, although obviously I'm hoping for much more, and then move on and wallop Bielsa's mob back at VP in the next game week!

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Maybe for that one game. But I think it gives us a better chance against Leeds which I would prefer. 

3 points v Leicester or Leeds both the same mate. I'd like to beat Leeds as well.

I'd rather go into Leeds undefeated than a few players got 20 mins rest and we've been pumped 3-0.

How about just bring them off when they're tired and less effective regardless of the score. Surely a well used McGinn is better than  Nakamba from kick off.  And then at 70 minutes if his week is catching up with him, a fully fit Nakamba is bettet than a tired and spent McGinn (just)...maybe should have gone with Conor rather than Nakamba but you get my point. 

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Think Hourihane migh get a start on Sunday.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Supposedly Leicester's main centre back pairing are out injured, as is Vardy and Maddison is a big doubt.

If we don't equal our goal tally against Liverpool then I'll be disappointed quite honestly. We also have to tighten up at the back because we can't concede 2 every week. 

Vardy out would be great. We struggle v him and we could attack them much more without worrying about him on the counter attack in the semi final second leg last season.

• Like 1

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Why would he? He played even more than Luiz, 3 games as McGinn.

Did he come on v Liverpool? Can't remember so that's one less game than SJM in last two weeks.

Hourihane would be easier to maintain balance than say starting Nakamba as then we'd have to shift Doug to Box to box midfielder and I'd rather keep things as they are.

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did he come on v Liverpool? Can't remember so that's one less game than SJM in last two weeks.

Hourihane would be easier to maintain balance than say starting Nakamba as then we'd have to shift Doug to Box to box midfielder and I'd rather keep things as they are.

To be honest I prefer to start McGinn, then get Hourihane, Nakamba or even Ramsey. I don’t think Hourihane with Luiz are enough. Especially as Barkley is more of an attacker (which is what Hourihane shines at too). Smith need to use subs much faster. 

Grealish and Barkley will be fresh. McGinn suddenly looked like he'd found his fitness again while playing for Scotland - he looked ripped 🤤

Depending how the travel has effected Dougie, I'd be tempted to start the team that just beat the champions.

Be ready to bring on Hourihane/Ramsay/Nakamba as the JM and DL tire.

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

McGinn suddenly looked like he'd found his fitness again

He came alive against Plop. And maybe the previous game, I forget. He looks like his confidence is back.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Supposedly Leicester's main centre back pairing are out injured, as is Vardy and Maddison is a big doubt.

If we don't equal our goal tally against Liverpool then I'll be disappointed quite honestly. We also have to tighten up at the back because we can't concede 2 every week. 

We can concede 2 every week if we score 7 every week. What legendary season that would be. 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

He came alive against Plop. And maybe the previous game, I forget. He looks like his confidence is back.

Most definitely. Against Fulham and Liverpool he has contributed 3 assists and 1 goal. Feels like you can say the same of half our first team thesedays tbh 😄. But the last 2 is the best ive seen McGinn since even before his injury. Probably Burnley game at home when he was unplayable. He’s getting back to his very best and we look at our very best when this is the case. 

Whod have thought we’d be looking to Liverpool to do us a favour so we can go top this weekend.

• Like 1

Â