Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

Well if last few seasons are anything to go by we need to win 30 more games out of 35 to get 100 points and win league so no pressure.😉

Think I'm more in shock you actually think we'll finish above Leeds now but I suspect mid November this thread will be edited for race for europe which I wouldn't say is impossible task this season if it goes down to 7th.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well if last few seasons are anything to go by we need to win 30 more games out of 35 to get 100 points and win league so no pressure.😉

Think I'm more in shock you actually think we'll finish above Leeds now but I suspect mid November this thread will be edited for race for europe which I wouldn't say is impossible task this season if it goes down to 7th.

Don't think it will take 100 points this season.

Citeh looks shaky and we just left the blueprint for everyone to grab when playing Liverpool.

Any updates on how the league table will be formalised if COV19 goes off on one again and season cannot be completed? 

I believe meetings took place a few weeks back with clubs to discuss proposals but haven't seen any updates

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I really don't know if the International break has come at a bad time for us I guess we will find out on Sunday.

Before the break we looked undefeatable....I know it's only three games.

Apparently we haven't really played anyone yet :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I really don't know if the International break has come at a bad time for us I guess we will find out on Sunday.

Before the break we looked undefeatable....I know it's only three games.

Personally I’m glad it came. Gives us time to come back to reality a bit and refocus after smashing Liverpool.

• Like 1

with players picking it up more regularly now, I think this season could be a long slog for a lot of teams. I am not saying we will crash and burn but them 9 points definitely gives us a good start especially if start missing a few players

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 09:36, VillaChris said:

Thought this would be a short lived tongue in cheek thread but somehow got 13 pages so far...crazy times.

Nothing wrong with dreaming but we had fantastic starts to seasons generally under MON yet at the end were clinging onto 6th place. Same in 98/99 season for those that remember. It's a long old season for a reason.

On 12/10/2020 at 09:44, VillaChris said:

but I suspect mid November this thread will be edited for race for europe which I wouldn't say is impossible task this season if it goes down to 7th.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m10bds00eivqac7umz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/10/2020 at 16:52, villalad21 said:

Leicester will be a good test to see where we stand.

Tell you what. If we blow them away, media will have to start taking us seriously.

So what was your opinion of our game against Liverpool considering Bielsa only managed a 4-3 loss?

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2020 at 15:05, Kingman said:

Any updates on how the league table will be formalised if COV19 goes off on one again and season cannot be completed? 

I believe meetings took place a few weeks back with clubs to discuss proposals but haven't seen any updates

Think it means if they have to cancel the season we get a champions league spot. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Leicester will be a tough game... they're a very good team. 

West Ham played them very well. Killed them on the break and exposed their high line. Seems they have a habit of starting games slow as they conceded early v Burnley and Man. City although of course came back in both to win comfortably.

Don't their results dip when Ndidi is out, pretty sure that happened last season as he didn't play v us in the cup and they had indifferent league form around that period.

On 13/10/2020 at 11:51, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have a feeling we will beat Leicester but drop points against Leeds.

I can't wait for the Leeds game. I want them humiliated.

Edited by maqroll

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham played them very well. Killed them on the break and exposed their high line. Seems they have a habit of starting games slow as they conceded early v Burnley and Man. City although of course came back in both to win comfortably.

Don't their results dip when Ndidi is out, pretty sure that happened last season as he didn't play v us in the cup and they had indifferent league form around that period.

So is he out for Sunday?

Â