Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Let’s see how they do with a little adversity. Match congestion, poor form, Injuries will test this team. But I say Top 10. Yes pool were without some players and it was probably an off-day for them but we dismantled their defense and did very well not to let them get into a rhythm. It wasn’t like we were getting lucky with counters nor was it a nail- biting 1-nil win. We handily beat them with a much better execution of a game plan. This team has a ton of ability and as Dean said, they set the bar for expectations this season. 

And we out fought them. This is the most important thing. We totally demoralised them and when they got through Martinez killed their spirit. They were shell shocked. Van Dijk and Fabinho bouncing off our players scared them. 

Saw the 7 - 2 score before I went to bed last night. Woke up still angry about losing so heavily to those bin dippers. 

Wait.......... What? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Well I have to say I always thought it was going to be a tough ask for Liverpool to get anything out of the game, but I wasn't expecting them to capitulate quite so badly.

As such I feel they will not be in a position to challenge again this year and we should now accelerate away from them. 🙂 

Edited by sidcow

On 04/10/2020 at 23:42, Mantis said:

Question: what position do people think we'll be seriously challenging for this season? A couple of weeks ago I would've said anywhere above 14thish but the way we've started the season, I genuinely don't know why we can't at least challenge for 7th?

Honestly... I think 11th - 14th would be a 'good' season. 

I don't think we should get carried away just yet, we're bound to go on a bad run of form at some point. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think we should get carried away just yet, we're bound to go on a bad run of form at some point. 

Yeah I’m still with around that area whether we started badly or as we have done.  

40 points is still the first target for me, which obviously looks really achievable now but I’m not taking anything for granted or taking higher placing as a given.

It’s a long season, anything can happen re injuries, form and suspensions.  We have massively improved but we also have a lack of depth, so if everything goes well then we could be in a very strong position but a few issues we could still struggle.  Points on the board are fantastic, let’s keep it up and aim for mid table and hope for some luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I agree. Step by stone. Or stone on stone. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Before the season I thought 11-14th would be good.

However with the start and signings we've made I think top 10 is totally achievable - if we can avoid key injuries. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Before the season I thought 11-14th would be good.

However with the start and signings we've made I think top 10 is totally achievable - if we can avoid key injuries. 

It's just 3 matches. Cmon. 

If were doing really well by Christmas, fine we can reconsider, but not now 3 matches in. It would be folly. 

• Like 1

Â