Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

The disrespect. Journos and pundits just don't want us doing well. Fine by me as let's us just keep going and picking up wins. 

Sorry Mods but I was sent this as a pic and not sure how to link it to the actual webpEkpBY95XIAIDiuz.thumb.jpeg.c7d3596af9ba6e73231d5064b3968cfb.jpegage. 

Tbf if Vardy played it might have been a different game. I wouldn’t call predicting a 2-0 home with by Leicester disrespectful at all. 

As for the 5-1. Who the **** is Rema?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

The disrespect. Journos and pundits just don't want us doing well. Fine by me as let's us just keep going and picking up wins. 

Sorry Mods but I was sent this as a pic and not sure how to link it to the actual webpEkpBY95XIAIDiuz.thumb.jpeg.c7d3596af9ba6e73231d5064b3968cfb.jpegage. 

I don’t think predicting a 2-0 home with for Leicester is disrespectful at all. 

As for the 5-1. Who the **** is Rema?

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Lawro id hardly a journalist or a pundit. He is still bitter over the 7-2

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure but he predicted Arsenal to beat city 5-2

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I believe he is a starfish with a nail knocked through his middle enabling him to be spun thus predicting football matches

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

no idea but he's obviously a bellend who knows dick all about footy

• Like 1

66 points was good enough for CL last year.

You'd imagine it could even be less this year, with Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves & Leicester all arguably in worse form this year than last year, can add City & liverpool to that list too.

Would be great if we could get out in front and have teams try and catch us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

even a point friday pretty much guarantees us to still be 2nd at the end of the next game week. a defeat for everton and we'll still be top. crazy.

If Leeds beat Wolves tonight they can also be looking to go top (or worst case second) in Friday’s game. Come on Wolves!

Just remember, we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. Yes we have added good players - but we don't have enough quality outside of our first 11. We are going to lose the odd game - probably ones we don't expect to lose. We just need to stay strong and with them all the way. I think we should finish 8th-12th.

Edited by avfcDJ

12 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Just remember, we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. Yes we have added good players - but we don't have enough quality outside of our first 11. We are going to lose the odd game - probably ones we don't expect to lose. We just need to stay strong and with them all the way. I think we should finish 8th-12th.

Sounds like Leicester under Ranieri.

They were lucky avoiding injuries, let's hope we will as well.

36 minutes ago, Folski said:

66 points was good enough for CL last year.

You'd imagine it could even be less this year, with Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves & Leicester all arguably in worse form this year than last year, can add City & liverpool to that list too.

Would be great if we could get out in front and have teams try and catch us.

Think last season was quite low though. Looks like 70 points is normally enough and 75 to basically guarantee it most seasons. More than 60 points seems to be enough most of the time for Europe (assuming all cup places shift to the league). If we can keep this run of form going to the mid point of the season, we could coast the second half and still have a decent chance.

Assuming Man City game is pushed to next year due to their European commitments, the following results in the next 15 games would get us to 41 points after 19, leaving us needing only 1 point per game in second half to get to 60:

Wins - Leeds (H), Soton (H), BHA (H), Newcastle (H), Burnley (H), WBA (A), Palace (H), Burnley (A)

Draws - WHU (A), Wolves (A), Man U (A), Spurs (H), Everton (H)

Losses - Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A)

I'd say that set of results is definitely ambitious but not entirely crazy based on what we've seen so far. Just winning those 6 home games would get us to 30 points. Downgrade 2 of the wins above to draws, and two draws to losses and your at 35 after 19.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think the media is so desperate for the traditional top 6 to stay at the top.

They are terrified of us.

I think this is a mental conspiracy theory. Sky Sports like bigging up the top 6. Of course they do. It’s lazy, it’s easy, it attracts the masses, it’s good for the bottom line.

But the idea that the media are scared of another team doing well makes no sense. Do you really think Phil McNulty goes to bed “terrified” Villa will become top 6? It’s not long ago that Spurs were a bang average PL team. Go back another five years and Citeh were a laughing stock. If Villa do well, we’ll just become another Sky Sports darling.

Edited by Enda
  • Like 3

Just now, Enda said:

I think this is a mental conspiracy theory. Sky Sports like bigging up the top 6. Of course they do. It’s lazy, it’s easy, it attracts the masses, it’s good for the bottom line.

But the idea that the media are of another team doing well makes no sense. Do you really think Phil McNulty goes to bed “terrified” Villa will become top 6? It’s not long ago that Spurs were a bang average PL team. Go back another five years and Citeh were a laughing stock.

100% this. It’s a crazy paranoia i’ve seen from fans.  The media love what sells. A wide open league is fantastic for them. Why on earth would they want the same old top 6 every season? Unless I’m missing something.

• Like 1

Â