Mass Effect Trilogy - Remastered

Dante_Lockhart

One of those games that passed me by when I stopped gaming. My bro had them for Xbox but I was a Playstation lad and never bothered playing what he had. I thought the re-masters were for Xbox only. I didn't realise it was a cross platform game. I'll definitely be picking this up and looking forward to going in blind. I love the games with pick your path/responses.

1 down, 2 to go.  Council is dead (feck the council, all my humans hate the council), Kaiden's been atomised (keeping Ashley around so I can pile any future renegade insults into her, the massive space-racist) and, much like my college years, I have successfully navigated not shagging anyone. My femshep's all business, baby.

Interesting playing them all back-to-back, only about 10 minutes into #2 but had forgotten just how much of a leap forward it was.

• Like 1

I haven't had much time to play so I've only just got the mining laser on Therum (first mission after becoming a Spectre). Definitely noticed that the enemies seem to hit harder this time round. I've probably used medi-gel more times already than I did throughout my entire insanity run back in the day.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 22:37, Wezbid said:

One of those games that passed me by when I stopped gaming. My bro had them for Xbox but I was a Playstation lad and never bothered playing what he had. I thought the re-masters were for Xbox only. I didn't realise it was a cross platform game. I'll definitely be picking this up and looking forward to going in blind. I love the games with pick your path/responses.

same. never played this series but I've only heard good things about it so figure it's a no-brainer finally experiencing these games on the PC.

20 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Me, trying to remember how to keep everyone alive going into the final third of ME2.

Calculating GIF by memecandy

Also me, after my space-fish died.

Spock's Funeral on Make a GIF

Ship upgrades. Loyalty missions. Then its just a case of choosing the right person for the right job. Easily one of the best missions I've played considering there is so much that can change.

Playing on One X in ‘favour frame rate’ and the screen tear is appalling at times. Dread to think what the frame rate is like when you select ‘favour graphics’. Only downside to the game so far. That and being unable to edit your appearance once the game starts. 

21 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Playing on One X in ‘favour frame rate’ and the screen tear is appalling at times. Dread to think what the frame rate is like when you select ‘favour graphics’. Only downside to the game so far. That and being unable to edit your appearance once the game starts. 

1 FPS MEME - YouTube

• Like 1

I've still not gone to Virmire yet. I've done Feros and Noveria, then I've just been touring the galaxy surveying planets and landing on the ones I can. I'm using the Legendary levelling system and I'm already level 26. Think I should hit the cap well before end game.

Might have a pop back to the Citadel and see if the Spectre gear is unlocked yet in C-Sec

• 3 weeks later...

Done and dusted.

Went with Destroy, had a high enough Galactic Readiness to get that 'Shep lives' tease too.  I mean, Destroy really is the only sensible choice, innit?  You have to assume the Starchild/collective consciousness of the Reapers is at best an unreliable narrator (quite aside from the fact that Shep is shown to be fighting off the indoctrination during the showdown scene with the Illusive Man); Synthesis and Control are dangled in front of you like gold-plated carrots at the point where you can no longer be stopped by the Reapers, whilst Destroy gets the sales-pitch from hell, "you'll die, you'd wipe out all Synthetic life in the galaxy and it won't change anything"... yeah, I call bollocks on that mate, you can get straight in the galactic bin.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

For many reasons, despite my initial excitement at the announcement of this, I never did purchase it - until last week. 

£29.99 from Smyth's Toys. Obscenely good value, let's go renegade FemShep. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ME1 plat'd on the legendary edition, straight into ME2 now. 

I was really reminded of what I loved about the first game on this playthrough, I did everything you possibly could, although as it was a wholly renegade run, I didn't trigger the paragon only mission. 

On 02/07/2021 at 23:31, GarethRDR said:

Done and dusted.

Went with Destroy, had a high enough Galactic Readiness to get that 'Shep lives' tease too.  I mean, Destroy really is the only sensible choice, innit?  You have to assume the Starchild/collective consciousness of the Reapers is at best an unreliable narrator (quite aside from the fact that Shep is shown to be fighting off the indoctrination during the showdown scene with the Illusive Man); Synthesis and Control are dangled in front of you like gold-plated carrots at the point where you can no longer be stopped by the Reapers, whilst Destroy gets the sales-pitch from hell, "you'll die, you'd wipe out all Synthetic life in the galaxy and it won't change anything"... yeah, I call bollocks on that mate, you can get straight in the galactic bin.

You are right of course but I just can never bring myself to not do the synthesis ending and ignore the claxons going off in my head about it. Just cannot wipe out the AI after the Geth storyline and EDI.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1

Â