Mass Effect Trilogy - Remastered

Dante_Lockhart

On 14/02/2021 at 21:55, Risso said:

1 and 2 were abolutely brilliant, I think I just preferred 1 due to the greater depth and variety to the characters, but the gameplay in 2 was the best.  3 was good, but a bit like Game of Thrones on the tellybox, the ending bollocksed up what had gone before.  And like Rocky V, I try to pretend that Andromeda doesn't exist.

I quite liked Andromeda as a whole.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really hope they've tweaked the ending for this.  Dunno what they'd tweak it to but having all 3 games together in one package would surely be the opportunity to make it so that choices throughout all of the games have some differing impact at the end?  I'll be picking it up either way though.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I had it in my mind that this was also coming out on PS5 - but it doesn't look like that's the case (yet) 

Not sure about getting it on PS4 tbh - think I'll wait for some reviews to drop.

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

For some reason I had it in my mind that this was also coming out on PS5 - but it doesn't look like that's the case (yet) 

Not sure about getting it on PS4 tbh - think I'll wait for some reviews to drop.

I don't think there will be a PS5 version of the remaster, this is how it will be. Looks good from the videos I've seen so far. Smooth (no framerate issues on ME1 that I can see anyway)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don't think there will be a PS5 version of the remaster, this is how it will be. Looks good from the videos I've seen so far. Smooth (no framerate issues on ME1 that I can see anyway)

Changed my mind, I'm off to pick it up now (good old Neil).

• Like 1

Early reviews suggesting it is buggy and needs a patch to tidy up some graphical issues. On the plus side, the first game in particular has benefitted from the graphical overhaul and changes to the gunplay. Which is good, cos that's the best one. I will die on this hill.

19 minutes ago, hogso said:

Early reviews suggesting it is buggy and needs a patch to tidy up some graphical issues. On the plus side, the first game in particular has benefitted from the graphical overhaul and changes to the gunplay. Which is good, cos that's the best one. I will die on this hill.

One of the reasons I've picked it up is that for my sins, I've never played the first one 😳

• Shocked 2

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

There is a day one patch from what I hear.

ME2 was my favourite, but I think that's because of the gameplay improvements. I did probably play ME1 the most out of all and I do love it.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

One of the reasons I've picked it up is that for my sins, I've never played the first one 😳

I will freely admit that it has it's issues, and ME2 does a bunch of things better, but...I played ME1 first not long after release on my shitty old PC, and instantly fell in love. It evoked all the things I liked about Star Trek in game form. The character building, the story, the dialogue, the world, heck even the architecture. It just blew me away at the time. ME2 is an incredible sequel...but it didn't quite grab me the way the first game did, due to the familiarity with the world, I suppose. And for that reason, I'll always prefer the first game. 

I'll also say that playing as renegade femshep is the only true canon for me. Anything else just feels wrong. 

The first game is the most true an RPG and probably had the best story, but it's also the least polished, which wasn't helped by the fact it was the roughest performing of the series. For that latter reason a remaster of it is probably the most intriguing of this whole thing.

The best game overall is 2. A remaster of that is basically just making it look prettier. And the problems with 3 are entirely around the story which no remaster is fixing. Thankfully it plays bloody well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot just how much of a chore the god-damn Mako segments are in ME1.  Game's crapped out on me once but I only got sent back 10 minutes so no big shakes.  Tempted to rush through 1 a bit as it's definitely not aged well, but then again that's a harsh criticism to level, it is 14 years old.

I've finally started my playthrough. Nostalgia hitting hard. Can definitely tell it's been remastered but some of the facial expressions still make me laugh.

I need to get to grips with the combat of it again though, nearly died on the opening mission XD - Cover, cover, COVER!

Â