Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff United

limpid

Match Polls  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

Very happy we won but that performance v 10 men was awful. No creativity or pace and needed a set play to score, we need another 2 attackers in as soon as possible. Hourihane and Trez need to be bench players at best if we are to start progressing. It was pretty much the same team as last season attack wise, doesn't make a difference who is up front if we don't create anything. Rashica or Barkley in soon hopefully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

10 men for entire game and yet again we create absolute bobbins from open play. We are turgid.

Shef Utd are difficult to break down as it is , with 10 men even more so as you literally have nothing to counter attack against.

• Like 2

3 points all that matters now, Martinez looks a cracking buy Proper goalie. I marked Dean as poor the style was not working and IMO we should have played two up front earlier . Super John has to regain his touch, hopefully it will come. But oh my days we still looked scary at the back when they attacked 

• Like 2

Not the prettiest, but best performance from a team a week behind so far. Don’t forget how tough it is to break down 10 men, especially a big organised side like SU, many top teams also struggle under those circumstances.

a bit soppy in the final third when we should have scored second, but some good performances, especially the new boys. 

Edited by ThornburyVilla

Emi was great and so nice to have a confident keeper back in goal. 
I thought the back four were solid enough, although due to the red card they probably didn’t really get tested. 
Going forward we lacked ideas and their formation blunted anything we tried - possibly compounded by the red card. 
I was screaming at the TV for Dean to make a sub after about 75 minutes - AEG for Trez, break up the game and bring some fresh legs on against tired ones. 
Having said all that, it’s our first game of the season, it’s 3 points and a clean sheet. Can’t really ask for anymore!!

Onwards and upwards. UTV

Edited by villatillidie1980

Felt like we were straight back into those post lockdown backs against the walls have to get a result games. 

Nothing enjoyable at all.  Heart pounding. 

We are absolutely desperate for pace up front and a new left back. Target is totally gash. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16197670

• Like 1

Â