Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff United

limpid

Match Polls  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

Great start to the season, three points and a clean sheet. We weren’t at our best today, but for the first game back that was fine for me. I expect us to sharpen up as we shake of the rust, but I saw plenty of positives there for us to build on. 

UTV

• Like 4

That definitely wasnt pretty but job done!

Really good to see how solid Martinez was, made the defence look a level above.

Considering this was our first game back and most looked way off the pace a win and a clean sheet was great!

• Like 1

Hard to gauge where we’re at after that, once they went down to ten men they just formed up and dug in which is our worst nightmare as we’re not a slick pass and move team.

Delighted with the three points, thought both the red card and penalty were soft as shit.

First real game so perhaps to be expected but we looked knackered at the 70 minute mark, crying out for more fresh legs I thought in midfield, we gave them far too much time and space in that last 10 minutes.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

That was always going to be difficult. Free teams defend as astutely as Sheffield, and even they went down they were always going to park the bus. A win's a win.

I bet Traore watched that and decided he could definitely add something going forward, though.

Also, Martinez is class, pure and simple.

• Like 1

Â