Weekend Football 18/20 September

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

De Gea is on £500,000 per week I think....

they're going to be stuck with him if he gets dropped. I don't see anyone being willing/able to pay those wages. but then I have no idea how they were able to get rid of Sanchez's wages either. 

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

De Gea is on £500,000 per week I think....

This is the problem, do you play the best players you have in each position? Or play the ones you pay the most? 
SAF had no problem dropping the names and the big earners to keep them on their toes. Weaker managers like OGS aren’t brave enough to do it.

FYI, I’m not watching the game, more a general point about the comment that Henderson might have saved it. DdG has been poor for several seasons. They should have moved him on and replaced him even if it meant taking a hit financially. The message spreads through the squad, nobody is irreplaceable.

Wenger would do it also.

Edited by Genie

Palace's away shirts really are sh*t, aren't they.  Black numbers over a fat red stripe and hanging over onto the white on the edges.   You can't read them unless it's up close.  And the same with the gold W on the front.   Looks terrible and I can't imagine the sponsor is happy with how unreadable their logo is.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

United back to being **** awful, Palace deservedly winning. Penalty imminent though I guess. 

My app says they are checking a penalty claim...

Looks like potential pen for Palace

Edited by Genie

Â