Carabou Cup 4th Round Draw

OutByEaster?

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d say this is our best chance to getting European football from this season 

Not Europa League though

More here

The winners of this season's cup will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League (UECL).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

We currently have Fulham on 28/9 and Liverpool on 3/10. If we beat Bristol City, then this game would be played in the 4 days between those two games. I doubt we would have many first team starters playing in this one.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is this a tarted up version of the "Cup Winners Cup" or is it the "Intertoto Cup" reborn? 

Cup Winner’s Cup by the looks of things. It is to make the Europa League smaller and it’s prize is a place in the Europa League... yeah....

It’s still technically European football though.

19 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Cup Winner’s Cup by the looks of things. It is to make the Europa League smaller and it’s prize is a place in the Europa League... yeah....

It’s still technically European football though.

So you win this new Euro conference thing... and your prize is that you enter next season's Europa League!

Interesting.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So you win this new Euro conference thing... and your prize is that you enter next season's Europa League!

Interesting.

I think if they made it a Champions League spot that would be interesting but no. Does feel like what is even the point?

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

I think if they made it a Champions League spot that would be interesting but no. Does feel like what is even the point?

I agree with both parts.

I think it offers a good incentive to your Southamptons's and West Ham's and Newcastle's etc. and gives them something to aim for I suppose and helps get a foothold onto the European ladder.

Without sounding too above the station, it's a tournament we wouldn't have said no too in the last 8 years.

Looking at it, It's a good idea - as shit as it may sound.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree with both parts.

I think it offers a good incentive to your Southamptons's and West Ham's and Newcastle's etc. and gives them something to aim for I suppose and helps get a foothold onto the European ladder.

Without sounding too above the station, it's a tournament we wouldn't have said no too in the last 8 years.

An alternative would be to send some of the youngsters to get some exposure to European football. But first we need to win the league cup for the 6th time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree with both parts.

Sure wish they would simplify things instead of trying to squeeze every last penny out of the game, doesn't matter too much though as we will be bypassing this level and be straight into Champs league to stay pretty soon.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree with both parts.

Your right, but I still think the prize is rubbish.