How many Villatalk members have you met?

paddy

How many Villatalk members have you met?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many Villatalk members have you met?

• Are you mad? As if I'd meet anyone off here...
    • 5-7
    • 8-10
    • Heaps (please specify)

and PB

who is the only Mod I've met, which sort of goes against the clique theory too

Clique theories suck, I've been a mod on a number of sites and thats been thrown up a lot even if on one site two were from America and one from the UK (me) doh!

I'll be honest, I can't remember who I've met and who I haven't. I've met quite a few people on here and from other sites, Richard at protest stuff, Paddy who had the charming experience of listening to my rants during the game, Rob, PB, Ryu, erm, and anyone else should remind me. I always get a bit flustered meeting people off this site and stuff, dunno why.

I was in the same room as Rev at that Babyshambles gig in Coventry too, if that counts.

I do owe a few people around here drinks too, so I guess I'll be meeting them some time too.

Yeah, but the biggest "them and us" divide between mods and everybody else exists on the O/S Denjo.

totally disagree, considering there are only three mods now and we all get along pretty well with the other members I think that no longer exists.

I also think we as mods listen a lot more now, perhaps in the past we didn't listen as much as we should have.

Hence the mass exodus to this very site?

They were the reasons my good self, Bicks, Paddy, Ahamaad, ED and Juju (and probably others who's names escape me) all scarpered.

Admittedly, it was more to do with the, *ahem* older members of the moderating team, but it was there. It was bitched about for months and nothing was ever done.

Praise be for Italy, thats all i can say.

The person you talk about is no longer a moderator.

The main problems with the OS forum are also that it is out of date - I'm not having a go at Villa or anything but its taken a long time to get people to sit up and take notice, a lot of the time PTV were saying one thing but doing another as well - but luckily it looks like things now are going our way.

The OS forum could be a smashing place, the only thing that bothers me is that the trust of a lot of the intelligent members (Ed/Papa/yourself...etc) may have been lost. All I can say is when the new forum does arrive the members such as yourself/chris etc will be needed for your views as to what you want from the place, what you think could be done and what it would take for you to enjoy the whole OS experience.

I'll stop now, I sound like an old man *slaps self*

Can you stop advertising other forums ;)

Anyway, we wouldn't want bickering about this site anywhere else so back on topic please :)

VT is freely advertised on the OS forums, surely we can work alongside each other - we don't have to be like VT and H&V.

You're always welcome on the OS - I know it wasn't a dig, I just want everybody to be loved :-D

*goes back on topic*

I've only met Bicks, I think Welsh Chris may be a member and if so I have met him but thats all from on here, and JC - show us that pic of you and Ryu then!

I letf the OS because of the mod(s) and the chav/bluenose invasion. You can have a normal discussion on VT, which you couldn't on the OS. Plus the OS boreds were pretty backward in their set-up.

I have the unfortunate scenario of working with Trotsky (aka Robathan). Although on different teams now, I worked with him for 2 years until I moved to pastures much quieter.

Had the pleasure of being on his domestic Stag doo and attending his wedding reception, that was held in the Black Country Town of Dudley - even after he has the nerve to take the piss out of my Yam Yam accent.

Believe me he is just as bad in the flesh. :lol:

No chance. I look about 7 years old, have strange silver glasses and look about 7 foot tall.

It's all changed now, and I'm a lovely striking man. I'll pop one up of me in the next few days.

Its a great picture. John looks a bit more angry than young, and PB looks like the consumate 'dad.'

Hmm, I've been lucky to meet several VT'rs despite my all too infrequent trips across the pond to see Villa.

Been fortunate to meet:

Rabbit, Rantin, Hev, PB, THEfear, and Naz over in England over the years. And enjoyed the England vs. Colombia game with Nibbles in NYC this May.

Had a sad incident trying to meet with Paul Barnes at VP a few years back where the guards wouldn't let me onto the floor where he was. That was lame.

Hope that next time I make it over, I have the opportunity to meet more of you fine folks.

Â