Match Thread: Burton v Villa

limpid

Nice to see the new introduction into the team Watkins looking lively and Ramsey also looking promising.

Other than that we've not really learned anything about the ones who played last season. If we do anything it's thanks to Grealish.  Nakamba & El Ghazi are hit and miss and Hause, Lansbury & Taylor are not good enough no matter the level of opposition.

18 minutes ago, bose said:

Taylor knew nothing about that. Freakish actually forces Taylor to resemble a footballer.

edit: autocorrect. Gonna leave that new nickname there for JG

Heard he’s got a cracking long throw too ;)

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Missed that sitter at the end of the first though

That’s fine though as shows he’s in the right place. He missed 2 sitters against Utd last match too but shows he’s always in the right place. Tammy used to miss 2 or 3 sitters for every goal scored. Also Andy Cole used to miss loads of sitters but still scored 20 plus every season.

We're the better side, the early goal was a shock but it keeps us awake - should be ahead, awful miss by Watkins - he'll get the next one.

Taylor struggles at this level, Nakamba has been excellent defensively and terrible on the ball, Elmo's crossing has been poor and he's not much use without it, Lansbury hasn't affected the game enough, Ramsey and El Ghazi have been okay, the two CB's and keeper have been alright and Grealish has been good. 

Should win and the work will be good for them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

This is just turning into a stupid Lansbury bashing. He has made 4 inch perfect diagonal passes, that only Grealish can copy, one of them leading to almost a goal if Ollie hadn’t hid the woodwork.

Agreed and fair play for counting, I knew he’d pinged a few.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Watkins is a player.  Don't mind him missing that sitter. He is getting the chances, which is important.  Ramsey also impressed me.  Jack is in mid-season form.  Not too many other bright spots.

Like Ollie's demeanour. Has a great appetite for work too when we don't have the ball.

2 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Of the 4 you have mentioned, Lansbury has been by far the best. Why don’t you want the last 3 contracts paid out? 

That’s a fair question: I see it as a last resort tbh given Henri’s wages are probably higher than Taylor et al. 

I’ve got to admit though, I’m disappointed he’s never delivered for us and I think this prob colours my view of him. I’ll back the handsome b#stard mind, like all the less-beautiful players in claret and blue.