Have you or someone you know had Covid-19?

Genie

Have you or someone close to you had Covid-19  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had Covid-19?

• Yes, I have had a positive test
    • I haven’t had it but a close family member/friend/colleague/someone I know first hand has
    • No I have not had a positive test neither do I know a close friend/family member/colleague/someone I know first hand who has
    • I am fairly confident I have had it but did not do a test

I am certain that I had it back in February.

I had a terrible fever, flu like symptoms which lasted for just 3 or 4 days, completely lost my sense of taste and smell for about 3 weeks and I couldn't go to a run for almost 3 months because my breathing was ****.

That was before the symptoms were even made official so I feel confident enough to say that yes I had it.

outside of myself, my sisters fella tested positive just the other week (he was sitting in the pub just a few days later the monumental bell end) and there is a girl that I work with who has had it as well.

I think I may have had it March, a mild dose. 

None of my family or friends and families have had it

In my department, 1 person out of 84 had it. Recovered

My employer in total - I have been told a 'number of people' have died. We have c30k employees. 

I caught it on holiday in July. I didn't have any symptoms until 5 days after I returned, so must have been right at the end of the holiday (maybe even in the airport or on the plane). I was following the quarantine rules religiously, and given the incubation period, I'm fairly sure I didn't infect anyone.

I was ill for about 2 weeks, but only 2 days of intense illness. Lost my sense of smell about a week in, and then regained it about 2-3 weeks after. No coughing or breathing difficulties. I was able to carry on working.

I still feel the after effects when I exercise, but it's not noticeable otherwise.

I'm not too bothered about it tbh, but equally wouldn't recommend catching it. It's a bit of a weird one. Closest comparison I can make is with glandular fever, which wiped me out for a while when I was 18, and it took a while for me to get back up to speed with sports and stuff.

Edit: and given I caught it at end of July, it was very easy to get a test sent out first week of August, and I tested positive. Now I guess I would have struggled to get my hands on a test.

Edited by KentVillan

On 14/09/2020 at 10:50, mjmooney said:

Yep. Or they look at it the other way by saying "Oh, but I have a 97% chance of NOT dying from it", without thinking about how many deaths that 3% actually represents. 

The chance of dying from it is a lot lower than 3% (unless you are quite elderly). 

These are recent stats for mortality rates in Stockholm:

D8FBD2A7-2BF5-42EB-B6BF-ED74EC438A54.jpeg

Â