Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We simply needed pace, and that we have with this signing.

The threat alone will mean that opposition cant focus so much on Grealish.

Perfect point to raise mate 👍. They will leave him alone at their peril because the pace alone means they have to mark him closely even if he does nothing at the end. It is one less player to mark Grealish when we attack. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Welcome, good luck Bertrand and thank **** there won't be fans in the stadium to be judgemental pricks to him in his first few games

To be fair fans in the stadium are rarely as quick to condemn as those on social media. But I get your point. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

2020_9_TraorePositions.jpg

Not the most promising in terms of the sub appearances. But if you exclude them he has got 21 goals in 65 appearances which is very impressive. Especially as it is likely he has been taken off early. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

He's got pace, that in itself is the most welcome attribute to me.

Last season our 3 quickest players were all defenders, I don't remember scoring a single goal on the counter attack due to this reason. With Watkins and this guy, possibly Rash too.. I see the dynamic changing, all very exciting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting watch, shows a bit more of a rounded game, all touches in the game vs Strasbourg.

These clips show that he's not just pace, they also show his high level of skill with plenty of really good ball control. And he's more twisty and turny than a twisty, turny thing! Tony Morley-esque.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He's got pace, that in itself is the most welcome attribute to me.

Last season our 3 quickest players were all defenders, I don't remember scoring a single goal on the counter attack due to this reason. With Watkins and this guy, possibly Rash too.. I see the dynamic changing, all very exciting.

I would love a rash in the team......in the right place of course.

• Haha 1

I’m pleased with this signing as he offers a little more pace and something different to what we’ve got. Added to that is his apparent versatility and ability to play across the front.

ultimately he’s adding much needed competition on the wings, which we badly lacked last season.

I’m sure some will find something to gripe out before he’s even kicked a ball for us! 

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Genuine pace completely changes how teams defend you. Gabby was ultimately a limited player, but in his prime teams were absolutely terrified of his pace and he burned teams time after time with it. We offered nothing on the counter last year. 

If Traore can open up space for Watkins and Grealish by pulling defenders out of position, we're a much more dangerous attacking team than we were last year. 

pace in attack will leave lots of space for Grealish and Luiz to orchestrate the game behind them as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Romeo done? 

21 seconds Tuh Tuh Tuh.

Welcome to Bertrand Traore. Wish you all the best. Hopefully you'll be successful. I'll give him time. I'll start saying he's a coward , prick , shite, etc etc etc after 20 minutes. FFS he's he'll need at least 6 months to settle down. Nothing wrong with being patient with someone.

Can he play Monday? Obviously I don't know what he's fitness is like atm but it'll be good for him to get 10-15 minutes. 

Edited by Sulberto21

The reality is that last season we were very predictable up front - wingers, central striker.

Now we have more mobile options, with pace, that are interchangeable and can find space on both sides of the defence. 

More unpredictable, an increased chance of goal scoring opportunities, and increasing the likelihood that defenders will make mistakes - a penalty or two would be nice!

Good stuff, now for another one please.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â