Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Excited by this signing.  Seen a lot of the negatives about him but he has a clean slate with me and JT knows him so I trust him more than reporters.

Nakamba seems to be our recruitment team this season with Traore and potentially Rashica.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thought it would have been done today. We never seem to make any announcements over the weekend, so hopefully Monday it is.

This aged well. :P

Never seen him play, but some much needed pace and a different option to Ghazi and Trez. I’m excited by it.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

This dude is gonna be the bomb, bit worried about the two tone Patek though, very bling, expecting to see him rock up at BMH in his pink and gold wrapped aventador very soon.

Aquarium platform shoes for the full pimptasticness :D

On topic though, with Traore coming in at the very least there is actual competition now for the place on the right side. So either AEG or Trez ups their game to a level where they are keeping this lad out the side or more likely Traore is a decent upgrade to what we have there. Win Win. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

having some pace with traore/watkins will really help us, will give us a different dimension in terms of breaks etc, we were a bit slow (in general) last season.

Will help jack too I imagine. People have accused him of slowing the game down in the past and not releasing teammates earlier etc. But maybe that's because he has gotten used to playing with dross that don't make early positive quick runs for him to pick out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Luckily football fans are so fickle the bar is relatively low for things to go the other way too. 

Equally it’s important to remember  sentiment on VT has very little causal influence on the players performance on the pitch.

It's not just Villatalk though. I'm referring to fans in general so those on Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc. The good thing is that there are none in the stadia to groan everytime he over-hits a cross or runs into a crowd of opposition players etc. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

VP staff on that Saturday time and a half overtime pay.

We really do mean business.

Chuffed with this one. Being wrote off but he is an upgrade on both wings. Two footed. Pacey. Skillful ...erratic but what we need. Direct 

His pace alone will add something to the team that we have been missing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

You know this may be shocking to hear but traore might be a better player

El Ghazi 4 goals 4 assist 19/20 season playing for a bottom 5 club.

Bertrand Traore 1 goal and 3 assist 19/20 season playing for a top half team.

Just now, Villarocker said:

It's not just Villatalk though. I'm referring to fans in general so those on Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc. The good thing is that there are none in the stadia to groan everytime he over-hits a cross or runs into a crowd of opposition players etc. 

for no apparent reason this one has divided the crowd in a way that watkins + cash haven't. it's a weird one. but you make a great point...VP can be toxic at times and i do believe the lack of crowd will definitely ease the pressure

• Like 1

He's not a complete player. You dont get them at 15 to 20m. He has traits we really need and covers positions we have no depth at. He might not work out but El Ghazi is not a PL level player, so lets see what this guy can do.

I like his willingness to take people on, his very quick feet and his pace. Potentially Traore, Grealish, Watkins and Rashica will be running at defences at pace, with more dribbling than a coach full of Doghead fans.

Its exciting. It won't always work but it will give teams a lot more to worry about than last season.

• Like 1

Â