Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I'd be more open to this if it was a loan with an option to buy as we had with El Ghazi, like AEG he was quite well rated but it hasn't really worked out for him the last couple or seasons and he seems to have stagnated.

I think there could be a decent player in there again but at £20m, I'd really hope were looking elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Wow! A lot of negativity towards Traore. I've not seen any footage of him so can't judge but surely he cannot be that bad? I mean, not this bad?

21 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Yeah, Bertrand Traoré is a proper ca-ca poo-poo player

• Haha 1

For the reported £20m I would much rather take Buendia. Already had a full season in the Premier League, will take some of the creative burden off Jack and is also an Argie so Martinez can help him settle in.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

For the reported £20m I would much rather take Buendia. Already had a full season in the Premier League, will take some of the creative burden off Jack and is also an Argie so Martinez can help him settle in.

We keep chucking about players we would rather take for certain fees, but truth is we don't know what fees it ACTUALLY costs for those players.

• Like 3

Pace can easily be guarded against by defending deep and putting men behind the ball. If we are solely relying on pace to beat teams we will come unstuck. Assuming Rashica is on one wing we can afford the other to be more creative particularly if it's some one like Buendia. Although he, like Jack, isn't lightning quick they can still beat a man when required as well as having the passing in his locker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Have there been any real concrete ITK info on this? Or is it primarily based off of a Daily Mail article?

He is almost sure to be leaving Lyon - he gave an interview whilst in Burkina Faso to that affect (link)

Then yesterday reports from footmercato, Daily Mail and The Sun said we had put in a bid. All articles were separate - not referring to each other.

It should also be noted that his agent has been offering him around to basically every Premier League team.

I wouldn't class it as concrete until one of our more trusted sources reports on it. Our name could just be being used to drive up the price (much like Brighton's was with Martinez a few days ago).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

I wouldn't class it as concrete until one of our more trusted sources reports on it. Our name could just be being used to drive up the price (much like Brighton's was with Martinez a few days ago).

He is essentially deadwood at Lyon and because they are not in Europe and do not require a big squad they've been offloading players for very cheap. That's why I am stunned to hear the figures being reported (£16-20m).  Check Lyon fan posts on their forums and social media and the reaction is the same. It would be the equivalent of us hearing reports that a club was offering £10m for  our Jota!

• Like 3

I know little of him but by all accounts he's apparently quite pacey and that is something we definitely lack. We also need a left footed player who can play on the right wing. There could be better out there but I'll trust Dean on this one if he thinks it will improve us. Biggest issue for me is his reported crappy attitude, but I don't know how true that is. 

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He is essentially deadwood at Lyon and because they are not in Europe and do not require a big squad they've been offloading players for very cheap. That's why I am stunned to hear the figures being reported (£16-20m).  Check Lyon fan posts on their forums and social media and the reaction is the same. It would be the equivalent of us hearing reports that a club was offering £10m for  our Jota!

Agree. That's why I'm surprised we are in for him.

I can't believe he was part of our transfer strategy for this summer - this would be more akin to an agent saying he's available and we just going ahead with it.

That said he does tick a number of boxes as @PieFacE says above. I just feel like there's better options, personally.

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I know little of him but by all accounts he's apparently quite pacey and that is something we definitely lack. We also need a left footed player who can play on the right wing. There could be better out there but I'll trust Dean on this one if he thinks it will improve us. Biggest issue for me is his reported crappy attitude, but I don't know how true that is. 

trez is fast, very fast, doesnt mean he could hit the side of a barn door or control a football.....

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

trez is fast, very fast, doesnt mean he could hit the side of a barn door or control a football.....

Is he? I've been pretty disappointed with his lack of pace since we signed him. But even so, you are correct. As I said, I'll trust Dean and the team on this one. Not convinced of him myself from what i've read. 

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Is he? I've been pretty disappointed with his lack of pace since we signed him. But even so, you are correct. As I said, I'll trust Dean and the team on this one. Not convinced of him myself from what i've read. 

Yeah trez is very fast in a straight line (not saying thats with the ball though.....as speed and carrying the ball at speed and doing something with it, are two entirely different things)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

And yet he can't get past anyone. If he's quick then his acceleration is bad, and as a winger his pace has never been effective. Seriously have you ever seen him actually outpace someone?

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

And yet he can't get past anyone. If he's quick then his acceleration is bad, and as a winger his pace has never been effective. Seriously have you ever seen him actually outpace someone?

maybe you want to re-read my words....

20 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Plenty of times, here’s a reminder... 

His problem is doing it consistently enough. 

Â