Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

This is one name I'm not keen on at all. Especially not if he's a wide option and not for that kind of money.

But who knows, he might excel in a team who is defending deep and counters.

Edited by sne

18 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I am speaking as a Lyon fan who has a good grasp on what players at the club are worth. 24 year-old Dutch International Kenny Tete just moved  from Lyon to Fulham for EUR 3M. No way Traore is worth 6X that!

It’s a very strange link. 20 million should be getting you quality.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a very strange link. 20 million should be getting you quality.

Feels like there's a bit of a strategy going on with our owners - strike up a deal with someone who you don't really want to force the issue with someone you do want - but saying that, we'll probably go and sign him now. 

Top comment from one of the youtube highlight videos

"Lyon fan don't get foul by the video bertrand traore is horrible^^ he is so bad every fan of lyon wants him out. He just do one thing all game cut in on his left foot thinking he is robben. He succed one dribble on 20 and i'm not exagerate. He has terrible finishing, shamefull right foot and wrost of it he is so nonchalant, he despepears of games after 20 minutes he makes me so mad last year."

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Feels like there's a bit of a strategy going on with our owners - strike up a deal with someone who you don't really want to force the issue with someone you do want - but saying that, we'll probably go and sign him now. 

Either that or our scouts have seen something the fans can’t and he is in fact the Burkinabe Messi.  (Yes I had to google that).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

24 minutes ago, sne said:

"Lyon fan don't get foul by the video bertrand traore is horrible^^ he is so bad every fan of lyon wants him out. He just do one thing all game cut in on his left foot thinking he is robben. He succed one dribble on 20 and i'm not exagerate. He has terrible finishing, shamefull right foot and wrost of it he is so nonchalant, he despepears of games after 20 minutes he makes me so mad last year."

He is successful 1 dribble in 2 not 1 in 20 so I think he does 'exagerate'....

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Either that or our scouts have seen something the fans can’t and he is intact the Burkinabe Messi.  (Yes I had to google that).

Haha (no likes left). Didn't Maggie Thatcher's son try and capture that country?

• Like 1

21 goals over the last 3 years is not bad for a winger. 

With grealish and rashica, he won't be expected to be our creative everything in the final 3rd. 

I'm fairly excited about it. Sounds like he needs a new challenge. Was he at Chelsea with Terry? That could help him, someone who demands respect working with him.

Alan Nixon broke this story, did he? The bullshitting little bollix. I would be very skeptical that there's any truth in this.

Then again, is Traore that bad? Seems rapid (we need pace) and his record is pretty decent.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

@Demitri_C didn’t know you commented on YouTube videos? 

• Haha 2

Just can't see this happening. I'm sure we are after pace and wingers, but I think anyone we buy will be quality above Trez and AEG and this guy doesn't quite tick the boxes. 

Secondly, the price. Who are dumb enough to pay £ 16 million a year after signing for £ 8 and flopping. 

It's either a ploy by us to use in other dealings or agent talk. 

Â