Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I read this thread and it makes me wonder which of our new signings will be ‘****’ by the end of the season?

The bar is set at 14 goal involvements. Any less must be shit or possibly more still shit because blamed for leaky defence even though Barkley was the main reason for it

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The bar is set at 14 goal involvements. Any less must be shit or possibly more still shit because blamed for leaky defence even though Barkley was the main reason for it

I’m not meaning to knock AEG (who is another player who seems to get nothing but stick) , but take away the penalties and Traore is our 2nd top scorer last year. Sure he is not perfect,  but I would say he had a decent debut season for us. I’m willing to see what he can do this year with an open mind, but I feel I’m in the minority there.

• Like 4

On 08/08/2021 at 22:46, Kiwivillan said:

For players that played decent minutes last season Traore was 3rd for goals per 90 behind AEG and Watkins and 2nd for assists per 90 behind Grealish. 

Also had more goals than his xG and more assists than his xA. He is a quality attacking player. It was his first season with us remember, plus when we were red hot in early part of season he wasn't in team yet and most of his games came when Jack was injured and Ross form fell off a cliff. 

People need to give him time to improve. He is a quality attacking threat and skillful. He got a goal or assist 0.5  times per 90 mins played which is the same as Watkins (0.51). Jack Grealish had 0.65 goals or assists per 90. Ings is 0.71 over last two seasons just to show how potent he is

Bert is a quality attacking threat. Period

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

Traore is a very good player. Yes he can be frustrating as he can drift between being dominant and ineffective week to week, but apart from the very top tier that is true of all wingers. Now he's in a position with the likes of Bailey and Bunedia where if he's on the pitch he has to perform, and if he isn't, someone else gets a chance. He's a solid building block for having a squad with real depth, and on his day he can do the unthinkable. A very good player to have around and I think the competition could make him up his game.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

14 goal contributions is a fantastic return. No denying that. But how anyone can ignore all the non existent or very poor performances is beyond me.  

Are we good enough to have a player that is 3 out of 10 one week and 8 the next ? 

it's nonsense to say that. Typical VT scapegoating. It says a lot that when he played and Barkley was out we won 7 drew 2 lost 3

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

need him to play. havent got anyone else who will needlessly smash a half volley from a throw in across his own box from the right back to left  back position, regardless of the number of opposition players in between.

I remember that. Was mad. At the time thought WTF was he thinking? That said I think was game early on after he started playing regular minutes and some people have that movie in their brain every time he does something that doesn't work out. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

it's nonsense to say that. Typical VT scapegoating. It says a lot that when he played and Barkley was out we won 7 drew 2 lost 3

You seem to have a problem with other peoples opinions when they are different to yours. Let’s revisit this conversation in a few months. Hopefully I’m saying how wrong I was about him. But I suspect he’ll have hardly played if everyone is fit. 

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

need him to play. havent got anyone else who will needlessly smash a half volley from a throw in across his own box from the right back to left  back position, regardless of the number of opposition players in between.

He tried one every game and often messed it up. Hopefully he has got that out his system. 

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Love Bert's attempts at crossfield balls. Every game, without fail. 

Â