Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

great to see Bertie back on the training pitch.

I was really getting concerned pre Watford, with Sanson still returning, Bailey maybe not fit due to late link up, Luiz out......

I love Bertie and think he’s going to be great for us, the only slight niggle (as with most flair players of his type) is sometimes his work rate of the ball. In Buendia, Ings and Watkins we have 3 guys that run their socks off, hopefully competing for a place with these 3 will make him realise that it’s an important part of the game. 

If we could get this kid doing as much off the ball as he does on it, it’s a frightening prospect 

Edited by av1

54 minutes ago, av1 said:

I love Bertie and think he’s going to be great for us, the only slight niggle (as with most flair players of his type) is sometimes his work rate of the ball. In Buendia, Ings and Watkins we have 3 guys that run their socks off, hopefully competing for a place with these 3 will make him realise that it’s an important part of the game. 

If we could get this kid doing as much off the ball as he does on it, it’s a frightening prospect 

agree, we were talking about this earlier and were saying much the same but don't forget Bailey too, with Bertie and AEG, that's real strength n depth.

He will take time to get upto speed after his injury but I would have hoped he would change his game to passing it to players every now and then. Would improve his game and ease him back without him just failing at everything he tries to do and knocking his confidence.

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

It's been one of those cameos where virtually everything he did was the wrong thing to do. He's had and he will have games like this.

Still like him a lot regardless

Still did a fair few fun things, like the pass to El Ghazi before his cross that nearly led to a Hourihane goal. He's an entertainer, and I'll always respect that.

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Still did a fair few fun things, like the pass to El Ghazi before his cross that nearly led to a Hourihane goal. He's an entertainer, and I'll always respect that.

We need consistency, he can come on and do 3 fancy things and lose it 10 times when we are 3 nil up with a minute to go.

If we want to be pushing for Europe then efficiently and consistency for me are the most important qualities and at the moment as in since he's been at villa there have been no levels of consistent good performance.

Doesn't mean he can't become that player but I don't want us playing him hoping for consistency if we have better less 'entertaining' options who are more efficient and consistent.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not surprised to hear he was rubbish. We can make excuses all we like about the injury he’s had but he’s woeful in most of the matches he plays. 

Can’t see him playing much this season. 

He was fairly rubbish but in his short time on the pitch he also strangely looked the most exciting to watch and could/should have scored at least 1. The fella will frustrate but he's arguably more naturally gifted a footballer than anyone in the squad.

A great wildcard to have as an option from the bench. Coincidently I was torturing myself watching a grealish highlight video from last season and Bertie was involved so much in that video.

Decent numbers last season, and I get it, he's a frustrating player who will drive us mad, but what a baller, give me him over a sideways pass merchant any day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not surprised to hear he was rubbish. We can make excuses all we like about the injury he’s had but he’s woeful in most of the matches he plays. 

Are you going to take a dump in every thread? 😂😂 Why so negative this evening?

• Like 2

I seem to have received bad reactions to a post I made about him in the match thread. 

I know he's not currently fit but I'm really hoping Buendia plays more in his position this year (I am assuming with Ings arrival that he won't be playing in the middle). 

Traore is explosive and entertaining but in my opinion he's just far too inconsistent.  Great to bring on to mix it up and change it up when plan A isnt working but in my opinion we need more consistency to progress. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He wasn’t that bad,  had a mazy run and a decent shot at goal and a lovely back heel to Young who was In acres of space,  he’ll play and is likely to get close to double figures in assists and goals like last season 

Â